Financing in Valley Stream>Question Details

Dhaval Gandhi, Renter in New Hyde Park, NY

We are family of 3 person and need a house with 2 bedrooms with a car park ,please advise me how can buy the house.

Asked by Dhaval Gandhi, New Hyde Park, NY Fri Aug 3, 2012

I am tranfered from india to usa and my office is in valley stream

Answers

5
Good day Dhaval Gandhi,

I hope you found someone that was able to assist you.
Good afternoon Dhaval,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Hi Dhaval,

If you are still looking for a house please CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY, I grew up, live, and work only in the valley stream area. I have a few friends from india that can possibly help us communicate if necessary. My phone # is 516-710-4298, my email is RichMarin19@Gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rich Marin
Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc
Consider working with an agent of your own; also, for available area properties check http://www.mlsli.com
I detected the British 'accent' in your question. Only those with a British influence call it a 'car park'. Lovely! You made me smile!

Now to answer your question. Find yourself a good real estate agent and do exactly what they tell you. The agent will know good lenders in the local area so you can be qualified to get a mortgage. They will know of homes for sale that are exactly what you want, and they will know exactly how to go about helping you to purchase that home.