Financing in Laurel>Question Details

Jennifer Pot…, Home Buyer in G.L. Lowery Industrial...

VA Loan minimum credit score

Asked by Jennifer Potter, G.L. Lowery Industrial Park, Groveport, OH Mon Dec 10, 2012

Someone told me that the minimum credit score to qualify for a VA Loan was 680, is this true? I would really like to use my VA Loan to get into a house within the next year but if the minimum score is 680 it seems like a daunting feat.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Laurel

Answers

7
Maria Cipollone’s answer
It is crucial that you have the VA certificate of elegibility handy, before you shop around for a mortgage broker that can assist you with this type of loan. The reason is because a borrower can not have to VA mortgages in most cases.

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
The minimum score varies depending on the lender. I have one lender who can do 630 and another who can do 620.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
You can get approved without a 680 credit score for va home loan. I had a 620 credit score and got approved for an FHA loan just 3.5% down, The Lenders Network sent me to one of their lenders to get me approved so I would them first.

The minimum credit score requirement for VA loan is 620.
There actually is no minimum credit score set by the veteran's administration however lenders all have minimum scores. Some lenders are as high as 680. We have programs that allow VA loans as 600, however it is harder to qualify with that score. The normal cutoff to get the best rate and the best terms are usually 640/620. Please feel free to contact me at the below numbers. The first step is to pull credit to determine the current score. The next step is to make sure the information is accurate. I am meeting with a veteran this afternoon that has incorrect information on his credit report and we are going to get his credit score cleaned up. I specialize in two areas. One is VA loans. The other is credit repair. I am licensed in all 50 states and would be happy to talk to you. No cost, no obligation but I may be able to assist.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all 50 states
nmls#111407
Hi Jennifer:
I have a fantastic lender who can take care of your loan for you as well as offer you the opportunity to take advantage of some of the fantastic down payment assistance programs available in Prince Georges County MD and Washington DC. I can see you are from Ohio and may not be as familiar with some of these. In box me and I would be happy to give you his credentials.

All the Best!
Terri is correct, it'll vary depending on the lender. Majority of lenders are OK with a 620 or 640 credit score, some will even go down to a 600. My bank requires a 620 score. If you'd like help or have other questions about VA loans I'd be happy to answer them.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195