Financing in Concord>Question Details

Hhh, Home Buyer in Oakland, CA

Trying to but a foreclosed home in CA, using CHDAP They are asking for a certificate of occupany, but none exists. Please help

Asked by Hhh, Oakland, CA Fri Mar 11, 2011

We are already in escrow and CHDAP is asking for the certificate, but the house is older than when certificates started being issued in Contra Costa County. We already asked for an extension and the county is backed up so they will not be able to do the inspection for 3 weeks! Appraisal, Pest Report, and FHA Home inspections have all been done. I am not sure why this is needed, but is there any alternatives besides waiting for a month or more to get the certificate? Thanks for your help in advance

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Hhh...... the only option I can think of you may have already tried, and that's going to the county office yourself and speaking with the building department face to face. You might get a willing employee to help you expedite it. But sometimes things just take the time they take. Kind of frustrating that the condition popped up at the end - if you had known it could have been ordered a month ago. Grrrr... but that seems to be the real estate game right now. Hoops, and more hoops to jump through. Be persistent and patient. Good luck! It is an awesome time to buy a home, this time next year this will all be a memory and you'll be feeling at home in your new (old) house. Congratulations!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 11, 2011
Hhh a CO is required almost all lending institutions now-a-days. The institutions view it as an added layer of protection that the home is habitable and meets local codes. Sorry to hear of your issues, good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 11, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer