Financing in Fort Lauderdale>Question Details

Trulia Fort…, Other/Just Looking in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Transfer of ownership to a family member through quick claim deed?

Asked by Trulia Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL Fri Nov 16, 2012

Who is responsible for HOA fees and fines prior to transfer?

Help the community by answering this question:


Joseph Miranda’s answer
If you are going to do a quit claim deed I highly advise doing a title search. I had a client who gave his property to his son before he died. After he passed the son went to take possession only to find that his not so honest sister had her father sign to transfer ownership to her. Long story short a title search would have found this. And yes always consult an attorney on these matters. It's worth the money.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 19, 2012
Normally a quick claim deed is done in a property that is free and clear. It QCD will not remove your responsibility to a mortgage if there is one. Likewise it will not remove any finacial responsibilities on your name. If there are back fees that you want someone else to become responsible for, get an agrrement signed in front of an attorney before signing the QCD. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 19, 2012
Trulia-initiated question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 22, 2012
Before you think about using a Quit Claim Deed, I highly suggest that you consult a local attorney who handles residential real estate matters.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 18, 2012
I strongly recommend you ask an attorney and an accountant to advise you on your best plan before you make a decision. See all listed properties and get free valuable information at
www. Call Your "go-to" Florida Realtor
Julie Rosenthal (561)827-6789
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer