In every transaction that I have ever been involved in, there are two phrases that make me cringe...
The first is "I've got good news and bad news..."
and the second is "Oh, by the way......"
Generally nothing good comes after either. If you make any changes or your radar goes off that you need to even possibly get a new GFE, do it. With your closing in 3 weeks, it allows you time to reajust, move money, borrow money, change lenders......today you have choices on the outcome that you can manage. If you delay and there is a problem, you may be left with few or even no alternatives....
If you liked my answer, please give me the "Thumbs Up" and reward me by designating me as the "Best Answer"!
Chris Schilling, ABR, CRS, GRI, CRS
713.692.7777 â€“ Office
813.607.8073 â€“ Cell
832.201.9782 â€“ Fax
What troubles me is that you said: "I signed and returned a good faith estimate about 3 weeks ago"
If you signed something, it wasn't a GFE. There is no place on a GFE for a signature and alterations of the document are not allowed. Beware of some that try to pass off other documents that carry no weight as a GFE.
Ask for an actual GFE and if your rate is locked.