Financing in Knoxville>Question Details

Joelleburket, Home Buyer in Knoxville, TN

Need assistance in getting a mortgage under special circumstances.

Asked by Joelleburket, Knoxville, TN Thu Sep 13, 2012

I have been in my career field for fifteen years. However, my husband's recent illness and death have resulted in periods of time that I did not work. Are there any loan programs/financing options that would accomodate for my circumstances?

Answers

3
Good morning Ms. Burkett. First of all, I am deeply sorry for your loss of your husband. My prayers are with you and your family.

I spoke to one of my lenders yesterday that I have worked with in the past and he seems to feel that he can help you but he indicated there would be some additional information from you he would need to make a final determination regarding qualifying for a loan.

Please feel free to call me or email and I will do my very best to help. I have seen him help people that other lenders were not able to assist so I have complete confidence that if he can help, he certainly will.

David B. Gibson
Crye-Leike Realtors
865-566-1216
david.gibson@crye-leike.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
Hi Joelle. My condolences for the loss of your husband, and I wish you peace in the days ahead as you transition your life. While I'm not sure if there are any special programs for persons with your circumstances, I believe there are lenders who will work with you. Two that I know of who will make it happen if at all possible are Debbie Windisch at Mortgage Investors Group (865-243-9777) or Joseph Smith at Mortgage Investors of Knoxville (865-556-5181). Please give them a call and let them know I referred you. Good luck.

Sandy Gammon, REALTOR®
5616 Kingston Pike, Suite 201
Knoxville, TN 37919
(865) 771-9429
Ms. Burket,

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I hope
you are finding solace in happy memories.

There may be some programs available to you, and it is certainly worth investigating your options. The best way to determine your eligilbility would be to contact a lending institution. Robin Sands of Monarch Mortgage is a wonderful resource, and can help guide you through the sometimes complicated world of home loans. She may be reached at (865) 384-8147.

Please let me know if I may provide assistance in helping you find a home, or if I may answer any questions along the way. I also specialize in estate-related properties, and would be happy to answer any Probate-related questions, should the need arise.

With warm regards,

Caroline Holt, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace
(865) 323-1836