Financing in Brick>Question Details

John, Home Owner in Brick, NJ

My wife was the sole borrower on the home we hold jointly on title. Can I refi the house in my name only?

Asked by John, Brick, NJ Thu Jul 26, 2012

I had some credit issues when we originally purchased (hence I was not on the loan). I can qualify without her income but don't want a lender to pull her credit (she had a foreclosure that was in her name only a few years ago). . I don't know if this is technically a refi if I was never on the note?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Brick

Answers

3
You can refi on your name only John, but you need to prove that the current mortgage has been paid on time. So gather the last 2 years canceled checks for your mortgage payments before going to a lender.
John, thank you for your question, i am the Branch Manager of First alliance Home Mortgage in Bayville with 30 years of experience in the mortgage industry.

The answer is yes you can refinance the home in your name only as it is your marital residence.
There is no reason to pull her credit is you can handle the loan on your own. i would be ahppy to meet you at your home and spend time going over your refinance options.

Camille Marotta
Branch Manager
First Alliance Home Mortgage
NMLS 9838 732-539-9300
It is a refi since you've always been on deed and this is a marital residence. Call me to discuss further. 201-604-3485

Albert "Al" Rapoport
NMLS ID #60865
Direct:201-604-3485
Efax: 973-774-7026
Email: AlbertRapoport@gmail.com
http://www.TeamRapoport.com