Financing in Skokie>Question Details

Mickey Moore, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

My wife and I recently moved back after spending the last 13 yrs. in Ireland.

Asked by Mickey Moore, Chicago, IL Mon Mar 5, 2012

I have some credit because I had a credit card based in the states but my wife has none. We have 100k to put down on a house. We are looking to borrow 60-80k

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Skokie

Help the community by answering this question:



Welcome back to the states! Since your credit will likely be thin (US credit at least), you'll probably need to go the FHA route so we can build you some credit tradelines at the same time.

Depending on what you do now how much you make and what your debts look like, you should be able to go solo on this loan.

Loan systems love borrowers with reserves (assets).

I'm local (we have skokie office and I'm downtown all the time) if you'd like to setup a meeting.

My contact info is in my profile or on my website if you'd like to follow-up.

Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 6, 2012
You should probably talk to a local mortgage lender. Let me know if you need a referral for some good ones.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 6, 2012
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Next weekend should make you feel at home. Happy St Pats day
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 6, 2012
Depending on the price range of the home, there are many lenders in the Skokie area that will make you a loan. Please contact me any time and I will give you a list.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 5, 2012
I would suggest talking to a mortgage broker to see where you stand with all of the new lending criteria. If you need a a referral, just let me know.. There are people to guide you with no upfront costs.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Illinois > Cook County > Skokie > Financing in Skokie > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer