Financing in 07733>Question Details

Crystal Knuth, Home Owner in 07733

My mortgage was sold many times over the years, how can i find out who my first lender was? Does the life insurance policy follow the mortgage sales?

Asked by Crystal Knuth, 07733 Mon Jun 18, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 07733

Answers

7
Deb's answer is probably your most efficient way to find out who held your original note. You could also ask your real estate broker, if you used one, because some of the companies have ways to scan and save these documents for you forever. Coldwell Banker uses a system called HomeBase which is a secure online tool that agents, clients, attorney's etc that are involved with that particular transaction can access to see all the documents of their transaction.
As for your life insurance, I believe the individual is insured for what they intended to insure. If you took out a policy when you closed that some insurers call mortgage insurance (term insurance), it most likely was for the amount of your loan and insured you and whomever else was on the note. You would have to look at the policy and see how it was worded.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 19, 2012
Thank You All, it won't let me thank each of you! : )
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
County clerk office will have mortgage info. Monmouth county clerk's website has it all at your fingertips. I am sure that life insurance does not follow mortgage
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 18, 2012
Your original note probably appears online. Monmouth County has an Open Public Records System. You can search recorded mortgages there.

http://oprs.co.monmouth.nj.us/oprs/clerk/ClerkHome.aspx?op=basic
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 18, 2012
Thank you : )
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
You can check your documents from when you closed on your house or call your attorney or title company. If all else fails you can go to the hall of records in your town and look it up.I don't think your life insurance has any relation to your mortgage but your homeowners insurance company definitely does
You'll also have that information in your closing documents from your attorney.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
You can thank those who gave you valuable information by using the "thumbs up" icon next to each post in addition to the "best answer" function.

I'll give them all thumbs up for you, feel free to add one of your own. :)