Financing in Dracut>Question Details

Juliep, Other/Just Looking in 01826

My interest rate is 9.5%. I live in a condo and i have no equity in it. I have a great credit score. Is there anyway possible that i can lower my?

Asked by Juliep, 01826 Thu Sep 10, 2009

rate?? If anyone can help me with a few questions that would be great.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Dracut

Answers

4
When i first bought the condo (in 2005) with my b/f at the time (now husband) he didn't have good credit it was just ok and i didn't have enough credit b/c i was young. So i guess that's why it's so high? I don't really know. But i know for sure i have excellent credit and my husband is right behind me now.

I don't have a fannie mae or freddie mac loan....i have checked and already tried refinancing awhile ago.

I have contacted my mortgage company for a loan modification but it doesn't look good b/c we both have our jobs still and are making enough money to not qualify for it.

I take it there is no option for us......I was just checking to see if somehow there is something or someone out there that could help us.
FHA is an option, however the Home Affordable Refinance program (FNMA-FHLMC) to 105% LTV is for Single family homes and 2-4's. It does not apply to condos.
That is a really high interest rate. If you have a great credit score, why is your interest rate so high? Have you asked your lender about refinancing?
Juliep,

You may be eligible for a streamline. If you have an fha mortgage, you can streamline without an appraisal. I you have a loan owned by fannie mae or freddic mac, you may be able to streamline. YOu will need to find out if one of these companies owns your loan. If you want me look into it, just shoot me an email with your address. I'll be more than happy to look into it for you.

Danny Castagna
Sr Loan Officer
E-Mortgage Management
800-793-9633 ext 185
dcastagna@emmloans.com