Financing in Creedmoor>Question Details

Peaches33, Other/Just Looking in Wake County, NC

My friend had family illnesses and 2 deaths that caused him to get behind on his credit. What lenders can help him with a refi, bill consolidation?

Asked by Peaches33, Wake County, NC Sun Nov 15, 2009

Answers

4
Peaches - If your friend is still in need of help with his mortgage situation let me know. Bill from Atlanta below gave great information and mentioned NACA. I was recently NACA trained and am local to the Triangle. I would be glad to speak with you or him about the steps and help him register with NACA. I know it can be very confusing and and stressful. I am with the Coldwell Banker, Howard Perry and Walston Office and can be reached at 919-491-2826 if he still needs help to check into the program.
Peaches,

The advice from the previous two people is very good. Here is the link to the Government Approved CCCS in North Carolina: http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm?webListAction…

Andres Gomez
704-488-4296
Follow Ms. Kelley's advice. From there, your friend should contact CCCS (consumer credit counseling services). This is a non-profit agency that can help him/her negotiate the credit card interest rates and mortgage payments. Entering CCCS does not affect the credit, however, creditors will report debt consolidation to the bureau and this will prevent your friend from getting credit while in the program for at least one year. As far as the mortgage goes, have him/her go to naca.com to see if they can help. NACA's been around for a long time helping people get out of debt and mortgage foreclosure. They can't help everyone, so always keep other options open. Tell him/her NOT to file bankruptcy. Contrary to popular belief, bankruptcy does not go away after 7 years, it follows you the rest of your life and can affect getting a job.
He first should contact the loan company that holds his loan. He should explain his situation and ask for their help in getting caught up. They might recommend refi or reduced payments, etc. But that's the first place to start.

Shirley Kelley
828-400-6295
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009