Financing in Chicopee>Question Details

Corina, Home Buyer in Chicopee, MA

My family will be moving to TX this summer and I am looking into buying my first house, what steps do I need to take to be approved for a mortgage?

Asked by Corina, Chicopee, MA Sat Feb 5, 2011

I am twenty years old and have a limited credit history.

Help the community by answering this question:


I can get you set up with the top agent in the area or town in Texas you are looking in. They can start sending you homes and get you pre qualified before you even set foot out of Chicopee.
Send me an email and I will hook you up. :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 8, 2011
The best thing to do is get pre qualified from any lender. They will need to know your gross annual income and any debt you may have. The will most likely pull your credit report. After that you will be able to have a good idea of what you can spend when you get to Texas. As far as houses in Texas, I can set you up with an agent that can send you houses in your price range and tour you around when you get there. I would need you full name, address and email. I hope this was helpful. Please feel freeto cotact me directly if you eed anything else.

Tammi Adair
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 7, 2011
I would try to find someone before you get to Texas. Start working with them now so that if there are things that you need to do you have time to get it done. I don't know what you mean by limited history other than your age. If you don't have any credit history you will need to create it. Again work with someone and see what may be needed to help you create a history.
Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 6, 2011
Contact a reputable mortgage company in Texas. If you don't know anyone who can refer a good Loan Officer maybe do some research on the internet or contact a local real estate agent who should have several suggestions for you.

They will as be asking you for 2 years tax returns with W2's, 2 months statements of all asset accounts and 2-4 weeks of paycheck stubs..... Obviously if your moving to Texas they will be concerned with what you are doing for work in Texas. Good Luck!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 6, 2011
HI, Corina. Contact a real estate agency in the area you're looking to buy in. Typically they'll have a few loan officer and lenders that they've worked with and can recommend a qualified LO to assist you. Ideally, the loan officer should preferably work for a direct mortgage lender or brokerage (not necessarily a bank) and be licensed (not just registered). By working for a direct mortgage lender or brokerage, you'll cut down your loan preapproval and closing times by over half. Next, you'll be guaranteed greater customer service and accountability since they're licensed and held to a higher standard. Most also are 100% commissioned and therefore have a greater incentive to properly review your application, structure your loan, and close it in a timely manner.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 5, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer