Financing in Salt Lake City>Question Details

Roslyn, Home Buyer in London, OH

My family are moving from London to SLC. We are interested in south east of the city as my husband will work

Asked by Roslyn, London, OH Sun Apr 6, 2008

in South Jordan. We think we will rent first - something around $2500 a month. Can anyone suggest areas and explain our renting options especially lease options and tax options - its a mystery at this stage!!

Answers

9
I would love to send you a comprehensive relocation package about the Salt Lake City area. If you send me your address I will get that right out to you.

Sotheby's would love to help you relocate to Utah....I hope you give us a try.

Thomas
Moving to the Salt Lake City area? Let me introduce you to the best neighborhood in all of SLC: the Little Cottonwood Neighborhood. Bound by Little Cottonwood Canyon Road (Rt 210); Little Cottonwood Road (Rt 209); and Wasatch Blvd. LaMontagne Lanes gated community is situated just south of LaCaille Restaurants beautiful 22-acres. LaMontagne Lanes bordering 6-acres houses 14-homes. IF you love brick and old world stucco (the really good kind of stucco), and you want a pool to use throughout the summer, then call me to preview this wonderful home. Please visit the Home Tour Link below.

Jane Herron 801-243-5854

And by the way, as a comparable house # 12 (the same unit design as # 5) sold on June 1 for $495,000. Even though the agent listed house-12 as 3145 SF, only 2100 SF were finished. The lower-level was only cement block. By comparision, when you look at the location of # 12 and the location of house-5, you will agree that house-5 has one of the best locations in the PUD.

Please visit the Home Tour Link below and give me a call!!!
I have worked in South Jordan and Riverton for the last four years. I can help you find a place to rent easily in the $2500 area. This home could be in several wonderful neighborhoods. Please call me and I will take you
to the homes that I know about in South Jordan.
I work for Keller Williams South Valley--Riverton, Utah. The company that makes a different and does things completely differently.
Cheryl L. Staley
Call me at 801-597-3139
or Office phone: 801-676-5700
Take a look at:
http://www.cherylstaleyrealestate.blogspot.com
http://www.realestateproinut.blogspot.com
I cannot wait to help you find that great home for you and your husband.
Do not buy from Corie Seymour! The last few months, I've been researching the purchase of a new home and have been using a number of websites, including Corie's. Today I get a threatening email because I've been using their website but haven't contacted them or bought through them yet. I can't believe the nerve of her staff, especially Gordon Sloan, who sent the threatening email on her behalf. So, if you want to get hassled, then feel free to use Corie's website, otherwise there are better alternatives out there and you won't be angry at the end of the day like I am right now!
paying around $2,500 a month opens up a lot of option for you! You will find homes to rent for that price in all parts of the salt lake area! You will also find several lease options currently, which may be another good for you. If you have any questions feel free to go to my website and I would love to get more detailed about your question Thanks James Graham
http://www.jamesgraham.blueroof360.com
Roslyn,

London is a favourite place to visit! And you had a little excitement over the weekend with the Olympic Torch. Is your home close to the city? Or a little ways out? What one thing about your home there would you like to find here in Salt Lake City? When is your move set for?

With our real estate market favouring the buyers, the opportunity to lease-option seems to be more prevalent, with sellers more willing to consider that option, than in the past few years. With a target payment of $2500, there are good choices available in the communities around South Jordan.

Your mystery does have a great outcome! Connect with a full time professional Realtor. Choosing a realtor with access to relocation services may be a great option for you. As the only Principle Broker for the Cartus Relocation Network in Utah, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage can simplify your international move (I can help you with that.).

Love to visit with you, and explore if working with a Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage agent is your best choice.

Respectfully,
Cheryl Lyon, REALTOR, ABR, GRI, e-PRO, Previews International
801.633.6855--cell & text
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage-Draper, Utah
http://www.utahhomes.com/cheryl.lyon
cheryl.lyon@utahhomes.com
Hello Roslyn,

I would also like to welcome you to our community. I will be happy to assist you with all your questions; I have a unique experience that you may find very helpful. I am licensed here in Utah as both a real estate sales agent and mortgage loan officer. There are many questions that will change the type of answerers I have to offer. First, are you US citizens returning to the US for employment or are you arriving on work visas? This may change how you approach your lease options vs. purchasing or just renting out right. Do you have deposit/down payment money? Are your reserve funds held in Euro or US Dollar? If Euros, it could be advantageous. Today’s exchange rates will get you more for your money stateside.

To further define Lease Options, a lease option is a two part contract. It is a “lease”, specific monthly fee for property use for a specific term. The “option” is certain conditions within for tenant to purchase the same property at a certain price within a certain time frame or a specific date.

More info about Lease Options, usually the property owner will require a significant deposit, which usually will be deducted from the purchase price at the time the option is exercised. You should pay very close attention to the contracts provision for the deposit if you decline the option, because your needs change or the agreed price is unsuitable upon the agreed exercise date. That said there are many reasons to utilize a Realtor® to assist in selecting properties that offer Lease Options. Most importantly, is to help you locate appropriate homes. Then your Realtor® will review and negotiate the terms of such contracts with YOUR best interests in mind. The selling party usually offers the compensation for Buyers Agents in the initial listing agreement, and usually will not change if you negotiate unrepresented, so this separate buyer’s representation does not negatively impact your final price or terms.

About your budget of $2500 per month, this is a significant amount for our local rent rates. The next few answers change again based on your choice to purchase, lease with option to purchase, or just rent. To purchase, your mortgage payment is a total of 4 or 5 parts (Loan Principal, Interest, taxes, insurance, and HOA fees), Lease option fee may be divided into rent plus funds toward purchase, and rent of course is usually a flat fee. Not to mention the type of home you require or desire, do you have children, pets, or other needs?

Finally the tax questions, this again can vary significantly, depending your citizenship and the type of financing you select for your housing.

I have experience successfully funding mortgages for Non-Resident aliens, Foreign Nationals, & ITIN workers. I can answer these questions as well.

I am a very tech savvy Realtor®; if you are in the UK and want to correspond via text or voice chat to discuss these scenarios in greater detail please contact me directly by email to coordinate an online meeting via msn messenger or program of your choice. Otherwise send any questions to me by email @ kris.furrow@gmail.com

Please visit blog.krisfurrow.com for local economic information and related articles.

Get the Knowledge, Get the Edge!
If you need further information or assistance navigating the intricacies of buying and selling real estate call me any time!

Kristopher Furrow – Realtor® RealEstate.com Realtors® 801.916.0815
Realtor - RealEstate.com Realtors®, Utah license # 5489913-SA00
Loan Officer - Envision Lending Group, Utah license # 5489913-MLAF

Thank you for visiting Trulia.com, I hope my response is helpful. Good Luck! -Kris
Web Reference: http://blog.krisfurrow.com
Dear Roslyn , South Jordan is a great place to live. Many home choices, I just did a lease option in Daybreak which is a planned community in South Jordan. Most of the time a lease with the option to buy has you put a larger down payment, then pay a monthly rent with a time limit in which you have to purchase the home. You might find with the interest rates as low as they are right now that buying would be the best choice. You can go to my web site http://WWW.debrasiglin.com and go to the MLS to see what homes are available. Also you can e-mail me at debra@debrasiglin.com and I can help you more. I believe you will enjoy living here.
Debra Siglin
Miller and Company Real Estate
Dear Roslyn,
Congratulations! I would like to recommend Corie Seymour, Salt Lake City Real Estate. You can email her at this link: http://www.saltlakebankownedhomes.com/Util/EmailAgent.aspx?u…
Also, her phone number is 801-554-4560. My firm can be found at http://www.marianschafferrealty.com. We help people locate retirement, second home and vacation property in the US and I have heard good things about Corie from a friend in Utah. The very best of luck to you!! If you need any other help or guidance, just email me. We know a lot of people in this business and don't mind helping.
terry@marianschaffer.com
The Schaffer Realty Group