Financing in Baton Rouge>Question Details

Jhaw, Other/Just Looking in Mesa, AZ

My Husband and I are considering buying a home. He has is the only one who works and has the better credit than I. Would I have to qualify with him?

Asked by Jhaw, Mesa, AZ Wed Jun 6, 2012

I live in Arizona. (Not sure if that matters)

Answers

4
No as long as your husband qualifies by himself credit looks good and his debt to income ratios look good based only on his income you will not have to be on the loan, but you can still be on title
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 6, 2012
Thank you for you answer!
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
Speak to a lender and let them check, if he can qualify by himself he can just be the only one on the mortgage, but the lender will advise you the best approach.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 6, 2012
No, you won't have to qualify with him. He can be on the loan but you can still be on the title. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.
Your husband is likely to have a couple of options and the general answer to your question is No. Though you may not need to qualify with him you may need to supply your information to your lender to have your liabilities added to his to make sure that his income can support the overall household debt. This is standard on FHA loans but not on Convetional. Your lender will be able to assist you and should you need further help feel free to call or email. Happy House Hunting.

George Spaulding
PrimeLending Ventures, LLC
225-284-8195
gspaulding@servicefirstml.com