Financing in Charleston>Question Details

Charlestonma…, Home Buyer in ,

Multiple equity loans

Asked by Charlestonmasu, , Fri Jun 29, 2012

Hello , after a very lengthy process I was just denied an equity loan due to some value issues. I need to do some work to the home,my question is: if I get a small equity loan ( around 10k) to do improvements, does that jury or improve my chances of getting a larger ( around 50-70k) later. And how long should or would I have to wait after the work is complete to apply for the larger loan.

Answers

2
What is your home currently worth, vis a vis your mortgage? You said you have "value issues". Traditional lenders will lend up to 97% of the homes value on Cash out (FHA) and 90% Conventional. There are lenders out there (who are expensive) but will give you the money to fix your home, depending on your current loan to value.

800-640-8798
If you get an equity loan later on, part of the proceeds will be needed to pay off your current equity loan. No one does a third mortgage anymore.
You may want to consider refinancing with a 203K which would pay for improvements.