Financing in Philadelphia>Question Details

gtucker81, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Moving to Philadelphia for new job, have job offer, can I get a mortgage?

Asked by gtucker81, Chicago, IL Fri May 17, 2013

I'm moving to Philadelphia-area for a new job beginning in September. I also have a job offer showing my start-date and salary. I also have very good credit. However, some mortgage lenders have mentioned that at least 30 days at the new job is required to approve a mortgage. So, is there any way that I can still get a mortgage (even FHA) with an offer letter in hand and good credit history?

Answers

10
Kathy Walsh’s answer
Hi, The rules state that you for the minimum, you must start the employment without a co-signer. That being said, other factors do lend to helping the situation. The employer, the salary, etc. If you needed to find a place prior to starting work, I would suggest you find a co-signer. Most companies give a time allowance for employees to stay in a hotel and search for their new home. Feel free to give me a call to discuss possibilities.
All the best, and welcome to Philadelphia!
You absolutely can. I'm currently working with clients in an identical situation to yours. They are re-locating to Philadelphia from the Midwest as the husband is starting a new job. We found them a home, and their loan application has been seamless so far. We're scheduled to settle before he even begins working. Please feel free to reach out with questions. Thanks.

Ryan C. Garrity
U S Spaces, Inc.
2043 Locust St., 1F
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-829-8850 x208
215-514-9424 (cell)
ryan@usspaces.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 17, 2013
You should be able to as long as it's in the same industry, or even a remotely similar industry. As my colleague Fred says below, it all just has to make sense to the underwriters.

Are you familiar with Philly? Where will you be working and what general price range are you hoping to stay within?

Feel free to email me in private at axelson@kurfiss.com

You can also set up a search on my website (we represent buyers in every price range). http://www.SellingPhilly.com

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856-617-1212 cell
axelson@kurfiss.com
http://www.SellingPhilly.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 17, 2013
You may still be able to get a mortgage but the only way is if your graduated from College and obtain this as your first job. Lenders now are really strict and are requiring sometimes at least a 2 year job history.
As you know by now yes you can get a mortgage
I will be in Chicago starting on the 25th with time on my hands ( going with wife who is going on business) would love to get together for a cup of coffee to let you know what Philadelphia has to offer and offer my services
Give me a call if interested

Best Always,
Dennis Conwell
Accredited Buyers Reptesentative
Prudential,Fox&Roach. Society Hill
215-440-2085 office
215-272-0360
Yes, you can. My lenders do it.

It all just has to make sense!

Call me at 215-238-9400

Fred Glick
CEO
U S Loans Mortgage Inc NMLS #51022
Web Reference: http://usloans.com
Hello;
Yes, you can get a mortgage.The 30 day time span is from the day of settlement going back,so you will be fine.
As a life-long (56 years) resident of Philadelphia and 16 years of full-time experience in real estate,i will be happy to speak with you .From our conversation you will be able to see if you feel comfortable in moving forward with myself as your Realtor.
Don Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold-Castor
Cellphone-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
Not true. You only need your 1st paystub at the new job to close. You absolutely do not need to be there 30 days.

Speak with a knowledgable Loan Officer. I can let you know exactly what documentation you need so that we can pre-approve you for the purchase. I'll go through the entire process and explain it all to you so that you're clear on how it works when you relocate the way you're doing.

We could also discuss your mortgage options, rates, payments, and any other concerns and questions you may have.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(631) 659-2011 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
The answer is yes. But to be absolutely certain it would depend on your down payment, Credit, and reserve assets (amount of savings and other assets you would have post closing). However, as previously answered, generally, the lender will want to see one paystub from your new job.

Our company handles many relocating and transferred employees and are used to dealing with these issues and overcoming these hurdles. Very often there are some other ways to get around this issue.

Please contact me and I would be happy to assist you.

Robert C. Weiss
Broker/Owner
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
215-379-2002 Ext. 112
215-776-1212 Mobile
r.weiss@cbhearthside.com
We require you to have 1 pay stub prior to closing. So essentially, you must be on the job for 16 days prior to closing.

Wes Costello
AnnieMac Home Mortgage
215-690-1038