Financing in Phoenix>Question Details

clacasse, Home Buyer in 85018

Mortgage options for a Canadian moving to Phoenix for work

Asked by clacasse, 85018 Wed Aug 22, 2012

I am a Canadian that has been asked to relocate to our Phoenix office. I am looking in to mortgage options to purchase a home in Phoenix. Are there lenders out there that will provide a mortgage with 5% down to somone on a temporary work visa? This would be my primary residence. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Answers

9
Cdns looking to purchase Mesa AZ home w 5% down. Father already owns home here (pd in cash), non resident. Would he qualifyf for 5% down w equity he currently has in his AZ home already. If so he would be willing to have home/financing in his name?
We make loans for Canadian buyers. Please call me at 623-340-0934 or email me at korene@openmtg.com and we can get you started.
I know of lenders in the Phoenix area that will process a loan for Canadians. please contact m to discuss.
I know of local lenders that will finance a home for Canadians; please contact me and we can discuss!

This is a very good question you have asked. The answer is there are a few lenders out there that can service Canadian borrowers such as yourself. Five percent down is tough. I would invite you to call or e-mail me.

We have many programs for foriegn nationals. Every loan situation is different for everyone and I would like to gather some information to give you an honest answer.

Please call me at 1-480-783-6798 or e-mail me at: Manuel.Amaya@BBVACompass.com, so that I can send you an application and a list on what is needed. I will prequalify your application and we can go from there.

Thank you for your question and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Manuel Amaya
BBVA Compass Bank
NMLS# 669200

Manuel Amaya
BBVA Compass Bank
NMLS# 669200
As far as I know, loans for any foreign national will require at least 30% down. I haven't seen anything less lately. But, email me and I'll provide you with contact info for a couple of lenders that can do loans for foreign nationals
Welcome to Phoenix! We relocated from Calgary in '96 and never looked back. Financing programs for Canadians are changing all the time. You don't even have to live here to buy a home, however your credit will be ran like anybody else's. Not sure if you can get one with 5% down, but if you shoot me an email I'll give you the name of a lender I know works with Canadians on a regular basis.
I have some lenders that provide Canadian finance. If you would like to email me then I will email you with what information that I have.