Financing in Kennesaw>Question Details

aquavitae1990, Home Buyer in Kennesaw, GA

Looking to buy my first house soon, any professionals can assist?

Asked by aquavitae1990, Kennesaw, GA Fri Feb 15, 2013

I am a young college grad looking buy my first house by the end of this year. I just got a permanent full-time salaried job with a great company. I have great credit (1 car paided off all on time, credit card and phone bills always paid, no debt, NEVER delinquent). I do not know much about getting a house but my job will be in Smyrna GA. I would like a house in the Kennesaw/Marietta/Roswell/Smyrna area. I have at least 10k in cash to put down. Is there anyone who can guide me to finding a good house and knowing the process to get my first house? I would also like to know first-time buyers programs or state/govt assistance that might be available to aid me. Thank you!

Answers

9
When you decide to purchase a home, the very first step in the process is to get Pre-Qualified. For this, you will need to gather your financial documentation including:

• Two most recent years to W-2’s and Federal Income Tax returns
• Two most recent pay stubs
• Two most recent months of bank statements

This will all be reviewed along with your credit report to determine your qualifications. Once your Pre-Qualification request has been competed, you will know more about your purchasing options.

As one of the largest direct lenders in the country, Prospect Mortgage offers one of the largest selections of loan programs available. In addition to the standard conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Jumbo, we also offer a wide range on Renovation loan programs. Our Renovation programs include FHA 203K (Streamline & Consultant), HomePath Renovation, and HomeStyle Renovation. In addition, we also have an FHA 580-639 FICO program for borrower with previous credit issues.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Very informative Rodney thank you. My concern would be that my new job starts Feb 25th and I am currently a temp worker so my pay stubs right now are significantly less than what I will be making. If I am going to spend the time to submit these documents, when should be the best time to ensure I get the best options? I see a lot of people have kindly offered assistance to me. How do you compete and what do you offer as a loan officer over the others?
Flag Fri Feb 15, 2013
It is good you are jumping on this now. Prices have been trending upward for several months now and looks like rates are on the rise again too. The higher the rate goes the lower the purchase price you will qualify for. Talk with a few agents and get some of your questions answered. Hire the best one and complete your goals. I help others buy homes in all those areas you mentioned. My advice to you is to figure out which part of town you want to live in as you are covering a rather large area with those four cities alone. If you would like to bounce some questions off me feel free to call.
First of all , Congratulations on taking the first step in deciding to become a Home Owner. You have made a good decision on securing your future financial possibilities, improving your quality of life by having your own place to go home to every night and gaining some very good tax breaks that should add to your overall income .

I work with many First Time Home Buyers . My goal is simple. You and I will meet and go through my " Home Buyers Guide " this guide is a road map on buying your first home. After our meeting we discuss your home criteria and needs ie, location , price range , bedrooms and bathds, basement or not, style of home, and any other specific needs you might have.

There are differenft types of down payment assistance programs available to you. we will discuss which one best fits your needs. This Pre-Work has given us the foundation to start your home search.

Let's find that perfect home for you.

Have a Wonderful Day,

Rick Payne
678-427-5512
repayne7@bellsouth.net.
Best of luck in your search! I encourage you to contact Rodney. I have known Rodney on the advice columns here and elsewhere for quite some time and have been thoroughly impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. As a First Time Home Buyer you want the Best...Rodney is one of them!!!

Best of luck,

Deborah
(951) 795-4547
There is good value in Smyrna - stay close to Smyrna and you won't go wrong.

If you get a wild hair, check out Riverside, Whittier Mill Village and other neighborhoods inside the perimeter...
Hello

I worked in the Cobb County area as well as other surrounding areas, I just close on a home today my first time buyer got a $12,000 grant to be applied to her new home loan, I'm specialist in HUD and foreclosure homes, feel free to contact me for a free no obligation consultation.

Reynalda Chavez
770-655-2846
http://www.reynaldachavez.com
You have picked excellent areas to look for a home - actually for several reasons I might scratch Kennesaw off.

I suggest you contact a lender to find out what your loan ability is and if you qualify now - you might. The issue is not that rates may increase, so much as prices - prices are already on an upward path.

Give me a shout and I will give you some pointers and lender references. If it turns out you are qualified to buy a home, I would be happy to work with you in these areas and help you understand the differences that can matter to you.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Professional Buyers Broker
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspector
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
RobertWhitfield.com
TheHomeBuyersRep.com
Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
Hi

Call me 770-330-5413
I am a full time realtor and I work with 1st time home buyers
There are many state assistance programs out there you just need the right mortgage broker.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Real Estate Agent

Make sure you choose a real estate agent who will provide top-notch service and meet your unique needs.

How long have you been in residential real estate sales? Is it your full-time job? While experience is no guarantee of skill, real estate — like many other professions — is mostly learned on the job.

What designations do you hold? Designations such as GRI and CRS — which require that agents take additional, specialized real estate training — are held by only about one-quarter of real estate practitioners.

How many homes did you and your real estate brokerage sell last year? By asking this question, you’ll get a good idea of how much experience the practitioner has.

Will you represent me exclusively, or will you represent both the buyer and the seller in the transaction? While it’s usually legal to represent both parties in a transaction, it’s important to understand where the practitioner’s obligations lie. Your realtor should explain his or her agency relationship to you and describe the rights of each party.

Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, and help with other things I need done? Because realtors are immersed in the industry, they’re wonderful resources as you seek lenders, home improvement companies, and other home service providers. Practitioners should generally recommend more than one provider and let you know if they have any special relationship with or receive compensation from any of the providers.

What type of support and supervision does your brokerage office provide to you? Having resources such as in-house support staff, access to a real estate attorney, and assistance with technology can help an agent.

What's your business philosophy? While there's no right answer to this question, the response will help you assess what’s important to the agent and determine how closely the agent’s goals and business emphasis mesh with your own.

How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction? How frequently? Again, this is not a question with a correct answer, but it reflects your desires. Do you prefer phone, e-mail, or a personal visit?

Could you please give me the names and phone numbers of your three most recent clients? Ask recent clients if they would work with this realtor again. Find out whether they were pleased with the communication style, follow-up, and work ethic of the real estate agent.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Rea;tors
(678) 799-4663
http://fredyancy.crye-leike.com

Let me know if I can be of assistance