Financing in Chicago>Question Details

Sarakaitis, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Looking for alternative financing (hard money loan?) for a unique rehab in the Bucktown area.

Asked by Sarakaitis, Chicago, IL Mon Jan 28, 2013

currently a 6 unit rental property with a 3 unit buiding and 3 coach houses behind, would like to purchase and rehab into SFH (and then occupy). credit/income/assets A , looking for a loan that would cover purchase and then rehab with minimal down payment, any recommendations for local private lenders?

Ivan is right. 203k may be the way to go. We do these loans all the time. Give me a call to discuss.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-330-2229 cell
630-470-6830 office

You might be better off using a 203k rehab loan for the project. Hard money comes with high fees and interest rates 7 times higher that what the banks can offer.

Best of luck,

Ivan Sagel
Based off of the criteria you may not need a private lender at all - I would like the opportunity to speak with you to assess if there are more traditional options. If not then I also have a Hard money lender who may be able to assist.
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773 290 0455
Renovo Financial

Michael Vargo
Lakeside Bank. Hyde Park Bank, Belmont Bank. All will lend if the project makes sense and you qualify for the end loan. You will have to use a licensed contractor, have plans and permits and do construction draws for payment.
You will probably need some capital over and above the equity you have.
Best of luck.