Financing in 10025>Question Details

Sani Ramon, Home Seller in 10025

Looking for a bank that will do a coop refi with the least amount of hassles. I have excellent credit and have no reason to be denied. Suggestions?

Asked by Sani Ramon, 10025 Fri Mar 11, 2011

I am currently in a 6.125 30 yr fixed. Looking to refi 290K and am willing to pay down some principal.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 10025

Answers

5
Sani
I live and work in New York City. I happen to live in a Cooperative on the UES as well. I also happen to work at a Mortgage Bank. I can help you refinance your mortgage with the least amount of hassles.The fact of the matter is getting a loan at a cooperative is easy and is just like any other loan. Sure there are nuances. You will need the Board to be involved no matter if the bank has the building on an Approved list or not. The process is going to be the same no matter which bank handles the refinance. The fact is you need need an experienced Loan Officer to help you. You need to make sure you qualify under todays ever changing guidelines, and you would want to work with someone you can meet, place your trust in, and has a proven track record.
Please send me an email or call me whenever you would like.
Peter Brown
Residential Home Funding
914-202-4861
pbrown@rhfunding.com
Go direct to a bank that has your Co-op on its approved list. This way you do not need to deal with approval of the Co-op, that is what will cause a headache and take time. It is also very important to submit your co-op board approval paperwork quickly; this can sometime take weeks depending on the Co-op board and how efficiently they manage this process.

As you are searching for a good lender have them confirm that you Co-op is on the approved list, and make sure to ask for a rate with no loan origination points and no discount points. Make sure you get it all in writing before you make a decision.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
Hi Sani,

I would be glad to assist you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 347-462-4210 to discuss this further.

Rocco Guercio
Loan Officer
Sani I can help you out. Keep in mind when financing a Co-op you can run into problems with the Co-op itself, the underlying mortgage on the Co-op or even pending lawsuits. In this climate it's not just the borrower that is evaluated.
Sani,

I recommend a mortgage banker at Bank of America.
Jan Nguyen
Sr Mortgage Loan Officer
Bank of America Home Loans | 335 Madison Ave, 4th Floor | New York, NY 10017
Office: (646) 556-0115 | Cell: (917) 701-8900 | Fax: (866) 905-4524
Email: jan.nguyen@bankofamerica.com

Tell her I sent you.

Eugene Kopman
Associate Broker
BOND New York
646-397-3692
eugene@bondnewyork.com