Financing in Atlanta>Question Details

Christopher, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Looking for a Construction to Permanent Loan in Intown Atlanta. $417,000 total value. Able to put up to 20% down. Recommended Lenders?

Asked by Christopher, Atlanta, GA Mon Jul 22, 2013

Answers

10
I am certified by SunTrust as a construction loan specialist. I have several of these on in-town properties. I think our product is excellent, offering fixed rate, single closings, Float- down options, lender paid closing cost options, and lots of flexibility. I would be honored to assist you.

Nick Nicholas
SunTrust Mortgage
678-614-4321
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
I'm able to lend on this product but only if on a time crunch (less than 30 days), the rate is higher as I use private funds to complete the process. So, I'm not looking for you to turn to me on this one. However, some things to know if this is your first time:

Construction to Permanent (C/P) loans offer two strategies. The first is a 1 time closing. Pretty much where you KNOW how much will be spent to build the property and you can pay the difference if it goes over. The second way is a 2 time closing. This states that you have an idea of what it will cost, but if you go over the loan amount, you can close a second time to cover the excess costs.

In the 2 time closing, you will have 2 sets of closing costs, so make sure you take that into consideration when figuring out your expenses.

Start gathering as much information as you can about the home to be built: Blue prints, upgrades to be used, etc. Now would also be a good time to evaluate how long you will be in that house and if having stairs is a good idea if your knees hurt later in life. Some of my clients installed an elevator in the home. If there is anything that you want in that house, finance it. Don't think about doing it later to keep costs down. Trust me, life will get in the way and you'll wish you added it to the loan.

If your costs exceed $417,000 because the upgrades pushed the value over the conforming threshold, fear not. As long as your loan amount stays below that number, you can still get conforming rates. C/P rates are always higher than normal rates because of the risk involved of the builder not completing the project.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Great answer.
Flag Tue Jul 23, 2013
Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here, there are not legitimate and if they have a free email account tag i.e. yahoo, gmail, hotmail, live etc then they are not legitimate. If they have telephone number with international dialing codes from Nigeria, India, UK, Singapore and France then you have to beware. A legitimate company would have a genuine website, personalized email address/account and based in the country they claim they are. I would recommend anyone looking a a serious/honest loan lender to visit: DAVID HERLEY FINANCE HOME BASED IN THE USA and their reputation speaks louder than others in the industry when it come to obtaining all kinds of loan, mortgage, debt consolidation and Real Estate Loans. Their full website information and contact details are tel no: +1 (321)-323-1809, Website: http://www.dherleyfinancehome.net or Email: loans@dherleyfinancehome.net located in Orlando, Florida. USA.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 9, 2015
Hi Christopher - I hope you are doing well.

A one-time close construction permanent loan is the best way to build a home from the ground up or handle a major renovation. BB&T offers 1x close CP loan on 30 and 15 year fixed as was all adjustable rate products. We would lock your interest rate in on the front-end (prior to construction starting) without an upfront lock fee. I have 30 yeas of experience as a lender with over $100 million in closed construction-permanent loans. Building a home can be a great experience with the right builder as well as choosing a lender that can provide you with the insights necessary to mitigate risk.

Please feel to contact me on my cell phone at 404.384.2270 if I can serve you.

Sam
Christopher,

Brand Mortgage has an excellent construction to perm loan program. Feel free to contact me for more details.

George Cohen
Mortgage Banker
678.442.3401 Office
678.985.5923 Fax
gcohen@brandmortgage.com
3328 Peachtree Road, NE | Suite 200 |Atlanta, GA 30326
NMLS# 75615 | 1078450
Hi Christopher, I see you have your answer. But, just incase the do not work out for you. Try this lender

Southeast Mortgage
Gerald Chambers
770-279-0222
Christopher,

Please give me a call and I can get you set up ASAP with the financing you seek.

My information appears below and I'm available any time!

Greg

Gregory J. Peters
Sales Manager | Evolve Bank & Trust
11605 Haynes Bridge Road Suite 125| Alpharetta, GA 30009
gpeters@getevolved.com
770-255-3835 | fax 678-387-1435 | cell 770-864-7926
NMLS#: 162522

Apply online! http://www.gregoryjpeters.com/
Call Tim Brown, Evolve Bank and Trust: 678-467-9959. He can do construction loan for you.
Web Reference: Http://www.getevolved.com
Christopher, I recommend you speak with a Loan Officer who has these loans available. You need to allow then to review all necessary documents and see what your options are. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Christopher...Having no indication of your credit score and other relevant data I can't quote rates but we do many of these types of loans. Over 40 years of personal industry experience at your service. Call me when convenient to discuss the details, timelines involved etc. Native Atlanta Lender. Thanks and talk to you soon.

Vernon Appenzeller
Capital City Mortgage Investments, Inc
(404)988-7542
GA mortgage LENDER licensee #7064