Financing in Salinas>Question Details

Salinas, Home Buyer in Salinas, CA

Is this a good time for FHA mortgage refinancing?

Asked by Salinas, Salinas, CA Sun Aug 29, 2010

I have 5.25% rate on my 250K FHA loan. My monthly payments including everything is $1,824. I have been paying regularly after I bought this house about a year ago. Do you think I can lower my payments to $1,500 range after a zero cost refinancing ? Thank you for your feedback :)

Answers

2
Dear home owner,

FHA is probably the best way of refinancing your home if you should qualify. Of course a conventional loan is also excellent. As for the zero cost refinancing--I am not sure you will be able to find one. Most direct lenders will tell you that they charge nothing but check the fine print.

If I can be of any assistance, I am a loan officer in Fresno but visit Salinas once or twice per month to visit family members.

You can reach me at bbmanduja@yahoo.com or (559) 977-7238. Frank Mandujano
Much depends upon how long you plan on staying in the property. If it is long term - and you are not including escorws - you have a chance. Check with a local lender in your area and ask what is currently available in the marketplace with your credit and income profile.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker

Serving Maryland, Virginia and D.C
301-651-8600