Financing in Long Branch>Question Details

flineo, Home Buyer in Long Branch, NJ

Is there a special mortgage for public servants in NJ? My husband is a full-time EMT.

Asked by flineo, Long Branch, NJ Wed Aug 26, 2009

Is there a special mortgage for public servants in NJ? My husband is a full-time EMT. My research keeps turning up loans in other states that offer public servants lower closing costs and interest rates, but nothing in NJ besides Bank of America's Neighborhood Champions mortgage. That doesn't seem to offer the low closing costs and rates, but it does include Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance. Does anybody know of other options for us to look into?

Answers

2
Laura Giannotta’s answer
New Jersey's Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency used to have a special loan program for police and fire fighters. This is no longer available. The HMFA does has a program called Live Where You Work (LWYW). It provides low interest loans to persons purchasing a home in the town where they work. Follow this link for more information.

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/hmfa/consu/buyers/close/live.html

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty - Atlantic Shore
The only public servant loans I am aware of is for police/fire, I am not sure if that extends to EMS. The best programs I have found were through the unions, I am a former Corrections Officer, and my PBA provided me with the contact. If your husband has a union, I would contact the union rep. If you have any questions or if I can help you find you next home, please call or email me. Thank you and good luck!

William F. Troy
Realtor Associate SRES, e-PRO, CDPE, Luxury Home Team
Veltri & Associates Realtors
1012 Cox Cro Rd.
Toms River, NJ 08755
Direct Dial (732)281-3067
Cell- (732)600-1570
Home- (732)961-0079
Fax- (732)557-6425
Home Fax- (732)961-0089
wtroy@veltrirealtors.com
http://www.veltrirealtors.com
"When only the very best will do!"