Financing in Philadelphia>Question Details

Lisa62864, Renter in 19111

Is there a program where a divorced mom of child of special needs can get a mortgage on house.?

Asked by Lisa62864, 19111 Wed Nov 7, 2012

I am in the middle of a divorce. The ex has been encouraged to pay support but claims he cannot afford it. We shared the house for just over 10years. He left a year ago. I have been paying half the mortgage. He has paid nothing. He called to tell me that if I can't pay full monthly amount he has to sell. My income is only $1320 and mortgage is $1100. Mortgage company will not work with me since it is not in my name. Do I just lose it? I have spent year paying off bills he ran up that I have no savings left?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Lisa62864 in 19111

My contact information is listed below. Mortgage companies do take account for ssi income when determining if you qualify for a mortgage and how much mortgage you qualify for. I will need to get some more information and can refer you to our mortgage company.

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
62 S. Main Street
Yardley, Pa. 19067
Office phone: 215-493-0200 ext 1087
Direct phone: 267-395-0251
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer