Financing in 75068>Question Details

Sachinmulik.…, Renter in Irving, TX

Is it possible to get mortgage when working on L1 visa?

Asked by Sachinmulik.us.home, Irving, TX Mon Jan 14, 2013

Hi, I have been working in US on L1 visa since March 2012 (visa valid until March 2015). My company has already initiated process for green card. I have a good credit scrore (720 ), $100k annual income and no other debts. Since I had lived in US before, some of the credit lines on my credit report show up as 5 yrs old and in good standing.
I am planning to buy a new construction house listed at $300k in Little Elm TX, and I will be willing to put 15% down. I will be looking for 30 yr fixed, 20 yr fixed and 7/1 ARM with no closing costs option.
Is it possible to get a mortgage with reasonable interest rates with the scenario I have mentioned above? How do I obtain GFE and approval?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 75068

Answers

1
Bruce Lynn’s answer
This all sounds good....
Call me and I will recommend a great loan officer for you.
We work with a lot of international clients and while almost every loan officer I've ever met will tell you they can do the loan, most call screaming the day before the loan is ready to close only to tell you they didn't realize this visa, or that length, or XYZ won't work for them.
The lenders I use are used to working with international clients so will either tell you up front they can do it or they can't and not string you along allow you to waste money only to tell you at the 11th hour they can't do it.

Also we always always always recommend you use a realtor when purchasing a new home. Lots of things can and do go wrong and you want someone there in your corner fighting for your rights who is experienced when they do.

Bruce Lynn
Broker Associate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX