Financing in Oakland>Question Details

Greg Pelly, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is it possible to change contractors midway through a 203k (streamline)? I am getting bad feeling on the person I have used.

Asked by Greg Pelly, San Francisco, CA Thu Dec 13, 2012

The check I received from my lender is in both of our names (not just mine). I am not sure what is necessary to call it quits with him. Also, any recommendations on another contractor who does work in Oakland, CA would be appreciated.

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes, I would like to recommend
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2013
Agree with Suzanne totally. I have the name of a good approved contractor that handles Oakland – send me an email and I’ll send it to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
It is possible but it can be messy and time consuming. And he does have to be paid for the work he's done so far. Call the FHA supervisor and tell him the issues you are having. He or she may be able to intervene on your behalf to resolve any disputes but if you really feel this guy is not doing his job well by all means get rid of him, just be prepared for the delays.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer