Financing in San Francisco>Question Details

Silent J, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Is anyone doing refis for non-conforming loans for properties which are underwater?

Asked by Silent J, San Francisco, CA Mon Nov 23, 2009

I’ve got a mortgage which my bank won't refinance because the CLTV is too high -- about 101%. It's not a conforming loan, so I believe that most of the recent laws don't force banks to refinance. Are any banks offering refinancing options for homeowners in this position?

Answers

8
While there is much government agency help for underwater loans (eg FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac refi programs), non-conforming jumbo loans are much more problematic. However, am confident I can help. Would need copy of recent monthly mortgage statement as starting point. Call me to discuss.
Jim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 23, 2009
I was just looking through old post and I noticed yours. If you were not able to refinance at the time of the post, I can certainly help you out now. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
I've a mortage with Wells Fargo and the they won't refinance because I've a non-corforming loan (Jumbo). My balance is $464K, my husband and I've good credit scorces and good income. What are my options to refinance?
Were you able to refinance?

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
This was so long ago. Is this still an issue? Contact me bjacksonconley@hotmail.com
yes, I have loans that go up to 125% of the appraised value. Usually we have the second mortgage lender subordinate to the new first mortgage and it does not seem to be a problem. Of course the first mortgage loan amount cannot be over $729,750 to obtain this type of financing,
Call me for more info.
June David
Guarantee Mortgage
415 242-1877
june@junedavid.com

When was the property last appraised is one of the questions of utmost importance.

However 101% can be easily refinanced. Do you have one loan or two loans will be next question.

I am presuming that you have good scores and good income.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

I do FHA loans also.
Web Reference: http://www.bestcaloans.com
Hi Silent J ~

FHA loans up to 97.5% LTV and VA goes 100%. So let's get a bit more information to see if we can help you.

What is the dollar amount for each of your loans?
Are you by chance a veteran?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Barbara
Wow! I'm thinking under water like flooded under water. I'm assuming you mean upside down. Depending on qualifications and loan size, I'd tell you to look at FHA first as the lender can consult the appraiser for the needed value whereas conventional is under the HVCC rule where a lender cannot talk to the appraiser. If the property or you don't qualify for FHA, then you may have to refinance the first only and subordinate the second. Use the payment savings to accelerate debt payoff and/or second mortgage payoff.