Financing in 39564>Question Details

Lilly, Other/Just Looking in 39564

In the process of applying for a refinance. Title company just said there is a judgement agains my property because of my ex husband. My home was

Asked by Lilly, 39564 Thu Jul 8, 2010

purchased before I ever married him and all deed paperwork recorded everywhere only has me as sole owner. Can this be solved/fixed without me having to pay his debts???

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 39564

Help the community by answering this question:


Since real estate law is different in every state, you should check with a local real estate attorney (especially since Mississippi is a common law state).
Mark Orgler (Schwartz, Orgler, and Jordan, PLLC) is one of my favorites that I use on a regular basis and is a straight shooter. He can be reached at 228.832.8550
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 8, 2010
sounds like there might be a way to exclude it, talk to a RE attorney.
Check with Alex Johnson, Esq. Ft. Lauderdale he is good at that sort of thing.
he also handles the closings, so it would all go down smoothly.
don't get pushed into closing unless you have this fully checked out.
We run across this sort of thing more frequently than you might expect.
Any questions call me.
Charles Patterson, pres.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 8, 2010
In order to best protect yourself, it may be in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, have all related paperwork reviewed, see exactly what options you may have--and go from there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 8, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer