Financing in 60640>Question Details

Craig, Home Owner in 60640

In Chicago - need refinance advice for an underwater condo

Asked by Craig, 60640 Wed Jun 8, 2011

Mortgage $304K @ 6.125%, but condo now valued at $275K. 3 yrs of ontime payment. Credit score 750. Is there any way to reduce my monthly payment?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 60640

Answers

8
Thanks for the quick responses. My current lender was able to assist with the HARP program.

Craig
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 9, 2011
We just received new guidelines from lender -- let us know if we can help. Rates are about 2 points lower than what you have

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Center
630-788-6200
http://www.smartmortgageinc.com
We can do unlimited loan to value if the mortgage is secured by Fannie or Freddie. Give me a call to discuss.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-470-6830 office
630-330-2229 cell
http://www.qmlending.com
FHA Loans down to a 580 Credit Score
No Money Down Purchase Programs
Unlimited Loan to Value Refinances of Fannie and Freddie Loans
90% Cash Out on Jumbo Loans
Hi Craig:

I am a local broker and work with 30 different lenders that have some very flexible guidelines for customers that have a fannie or freddie serviced loan. Even if you have mortgage insurance or a 2nd mortgage; we have companies we work with that may be able to help.

Please call, email me to discuss.

SMC carries an A+ Better Business Bureau Rating and we have worked in the community for over 15 years! Please call me at 630-478-2684, email or visit my website get started.

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Centers
630-478-2684 or 630-788-6200
patty@smartmtgs.net / http://www.smartmortgageinc.com
Hi Craig,

You are not under water by much, in my opinion. Compared to the nightmare of the past 5-6 years across the US, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can you continue your on time payments and do your best to hold out until prices rise in your immediate area? Prices are way up over the past couple of years. You're gaining equity with each day that passes.

One important point to remember: Right now inventory is disappearing rapidly. Builders will not be able to build new inventory fast enough to catch up to demand. Prices will rise steadily. I do not have a crystal ball, but this is where I see real estate heading.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton-Miami Beach, FL
Hi Craig,

Based on those numbers, we'd be able to assist your using HARP (Home Affordable Refinance Program) depending whether or not your current loan is securitized with Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. It would be possible to lower your 30 yr fixed interest rate by over 1.000% with less than $1,800 in closing costs.

Please contact me at your convenience, I'd be able to pre-qualify your potential refinance at no charge.

Andrew
aluett@wintrustmortgage.com
Craig,

I believe the only lender you will be able to work with is your current lender. I do not know of a lender that will do a loan over 105% LTV for a condo. You should try to call them and ask what they can do for you. There are lenders that will for a single family home but not for an attached property. Good luck in your search. If you find a lender it would be great if you posted the results...

Steve Smither
Senior Loan Originator
Midwest Equity Mortgage
847-942-5151
ssmither@ardain.com
You are down only 10%. Not bad. Maybe. Talk to a banker. He maybe able to pull some program out of his carpet bag to sell you.