Financing in Brandon>Question Details

Colleyann07, Home Buyer in Brandon, FL

Im looking to buy a house, i have 25k to put down as a down payment and i make about 3500 a month....im only 20 and my credit isnt strong do u think

Asked by Colleyann07, Brandon, FL Fri May 14, 2010

ill be about to get a loan

Answers

6
Hey Colleyann.

I am an agent here in Brandon/Tampa area. Your best bet is to contact a few lenders directly. I have a couple lenders I can recommend but, please be very careful. What you think isn't strong may be perfectly acceptable for a loan as a first time home buyer under certain programs.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or if you would like any assistance in your home search.

Charlene Cobelo

charlenec67@yahoo.com
I am with a local bank here in Tampa we can take a look at your credit and go over it and see what we can do to raise your scores for you to qualify. You can email me at cswathwood@proficiomortgage.com
Hi Colleyann07,

the financial institutions will also be looking at your work history. May I ask what have you budgeted for your mortgage payment?
I know of a mortgage broker that has a lender that will go as low as a 530 credit score as long as the debt to income ratio will qualify. Feel free to contact me for more information.
Dear Ann,

Also if you buy a Fannie Mae owned home you may be able to get HomePath financing. It's a little less strict on credit score.

And.. VA foreclosed homes offer "Vendee" financing that may work if your credit score is too low.

I recommend:
Kristine Bredeau, Vice President
Mortgage Branch Manager
3725 West Grace Street Suite 300
Tampa, Florida 33607
Direct: 813-549-7234
e-Fax: 813-902-6621
email: Kristine.Bredeau@homebanc.com
Apply On-Line: http://www.KristineBredeau.com
First of all, congratulations for saving so much money at such a young age! I don't know what you mean by credit not being strong, but I do know a couple of lenders that you can get in touch with. They will not only be able to answer your questions, but if you can pursue a loan they will do a great job in guiding you through the loan process. Loan guidelines are constantly changing and they are best equipped to answer you.

Call Chuck Rogers Regions Bank (813) 230-1249
OR Jayna Hammel Wells Fargo (813) 323-1717

Best of luck to you and if I can be of any assistance in your home search, I would be happy to help!
Debbi Tinker
Kelle Williams
(813) 263-0932
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010