Financing in Phoenix>Question Details

Juel2, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

If I work for the USDA forest service? am I eligible for a USDA home loan?

Asked by Juel2, Phoenix, AZ Mon Oct 14, 2013

Answers

13
Have you spoken directly with a lender about this? Several of my clients have used an excellent lender that would be able to help you. Let me know if you would like his contact information. Congratulations on considering purchasing a new home!
I might add the USDA websites are non-functional to determine property eligibility and income eligibility.

Dave Jackson
Real Estate Asset Planner
Financing Solutions for Arizona Real Estate since 1993
American Financial Lending, Inc.
20860 N. Tatum Blvd, Suite 160
Phoenix, AZ 85050-4277
602 277-3800 w
602 631-9788 f
602 524-2401 c
602 912-9438 h
davej@aflhomeloans.com http://www.aflhomeloans.com
BK # 0910057 NMLS LO ID # 284875
It is the property location that determines if USDA loan is an option. Locations must be considered rural and there are maps that show the areas. The borrower still has to qualify for credit and income with a lender that does USDA loans. However it is my understanding that until the government reopens, no USDA loans can be completed. If you would like more info and a referral to a lender for a prequel, please contact me.

Mary Lou Miller, Owner/Broker
A Maizeing Realty
602-978-4707
maryloumaizemiller@msn.com
USDA loans are for rural properties. Check with your lender.
Your best bet is call a mortgage lender, they will have all the answers for you.

Please give my preferred lender a call. He has been in the mortgage business for a long time and will be able to answer all of your questions. He might even have a better mortgage program for you as well.

His name is Keith Cardillo with Guaranteed Rate Mortgage. 602-686-9991

Let him know I gave you his contact info. He will take great care of you!
USDA home loans are not available during the partial federal government shut down.
USDA home loans are zero down financing for homes located in rural areas that other home loans (FHA, VA and Conventional) will not consider because those sources only want urban and suburban homes.

Your income source would have to conform to USDA income guidelines for house hold size and ability to repay to be "eligible" for a USDA home loan. These income guidelines are also specific to the county the home is located. They can change from year to year. Your specific employer does not have a bearing on eligibility.

Until the federal government shut down is resolved no one is eligible for a USDA home loan.

Dave Jackson
Real Estate Asset Planner
American Financial Lending, Inc.
20860 N. Tatum Blvd, Suite 160
Phoenix, AZ 85050-4277
602 277-3800 w
602 631-9788 f
602 524-2401 c
602 912-9438 h
BK # 0910057 NMLS LO ID # 284875
Hello Juel

I think yoiu should be ok doing a USDA loan but you should get in contact with a Loan Officer that you can ask that question

thanks have a great day
The USDA loan pertains to loans for homes in more rural areas. To my knowledge, there is no separate loan program for USDA employees (but I can double-check if you'd like). In the Phoenix metro area, USDA geographic areas are generally in Pinal County, eg. Florence, Coolidge, some parts of Queen Creek. If you need an agent in that area, you are reading my post! I can help you!
Juel,
I will be happy to connect you with a lender who is knowledgeable about all guidelines and details about the USDA loan program.

The USDA rural home loan is usually used for home purchases in certain areas that are considered rural. The boundaries of those areas can be found on the USDA website. Some areas of Gilbert are within those boundaries, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Casa Grande.

Where would you like to buy a home?
Please email me or call for more details.
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
The USDA home loans apply to only certain areas and have nothing at all to do with your job. You would have to buy a home in a qualified area. I can help you with that if you would like. San Tan Valley, Queen Creek, are examples. Let me know if I can help.
AJ Stewart
480-217-2167
Prudential Arizona Properties
The USDA loan is actually used in areas that are considered "rural" so depending on where you are looking to purchase a home would depend on what types of financing could be obtained. Where are you looking to purchase a home? I would be happy to put you in contact with a lender that I work with that has many different loan programs that they could use to qualify you.

Thanks!

Matthew Potter
Stunning Homes Realty
P) 480-343-7894
matthew@stunninghomesrealty.com
USDA LOANS are available to anyone in an approved USDA AREA. In the Phoeniix area, you would look for a home in PINAL County.
The USDA Loan program has a number of qualifiers, none that I'm aware of are employment by USDA. Most are income, debt limits and then also the home needs to be in a certain area.

If you are looking for a very low out of pocket loan we have a couple of other sources that are very attractive. One is a grant program, forgivable in time and no restriction on the area.

USDA might be the best option for you, we can explore that option and then potentially explore the other avenues to determine the best fit for your needs.