Financing in El Cajon>Question Details

Christy, Both Buyer and Seller in El Cajon, CA

If I owned a mobile home on a rented space in a mobile home park, can I still qualify for the $8,000 tax credit? I am selling it and buying a SF home.

Asked by Christy, El Cajon, CA Wed Sep 30, 2009

Answers

5
Christy,

I am in the same boat you are and i have been told I cannot take the credit, because I own the mobile home. I pay taxes on it yearly, if you don't and only pay the dmv you may have a chance otherwise no.

If your actually able to sell your mobile thank your lucky stars you can, with or without the credit. My home is completely unsellable do to the high park rent.

Look into the new 6500 tax credit the government just passed, you may qualify for it. Good luck.
Christy,

The first time home buyer tax credit would apply if you haven't owned a home in 3 years. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in finding out more information about getting pre-approved for your single family home purchase.

Shawn
Christy, Let me make sure I am answering the question you are asking, because I don't think that has been done. If I understand you, you currently live in a MH Park, you rent the space, and want to sell to purchase a home in SF? Correct? If that is the case, I believe it would depend on how the MH is registered. If it is on the tax rolls, then most likely you wouldn't qualify for the tax credit, but if you pay a license fee to the DMV then I would assume you would qualify. Ask your tax person to be certain, but I think that's how it would work.

Make sure you close your escrow in time to qualify for the tax credit! Good luck up in SF! I love it there! I have a daughter at SFSU- great excuse for me to go up often!

Patti Phillips
"Advice You Need, Attention You Deserve"
800-680-9133 or 619-507-2100
Why would you want to buy a mobile home without the land? Purchase a Florida mobile home without land requires better fico scores at least 680 and more money down than a traditional home. And, you not paying association fees when your purchasing a FLorida land mobile home package.
I don't believe so. A mobile home is considered personal property...not real property aka real estate.
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA