Financing in Wichita>Question Details

Cheryl, Home Buyer in Wichita, KS

I was told HomePath financing is not available in Kansas. Is this true? I was told because Kansas requires an appraisal. If so, why does it matter

Asked by Cheryl, Wichita, KS Mon Mar 1, 2010

if you pay for an appraisal, how would this take you out of the opportunity for Homepath?

Answers

2
Cheryl, HomePath has been available for sometime, but the banks offering this program have been based outside of Kansas. Possibly the only commonly recognizable name of all the lenders that offer the program, would be MetLife as mentioned in the earlier post.. If you are still in the market, Wells Fargo will be a full service bank, and will carry the program beginning on May 17th. We are all exciting to be one of the first to bring this local! HomePath also has a website for property searches http://www.homepath.com/
Cheryl,

That is not true. Home Path financing is available in our market. Here is a contact number I would recommend to get qualified:
MetLife Home Loans
(800) 480-8773
Serving all 50 states
Mon. - Fri. 8 - 8 PM EST, Sat. 9 - 4 PM EST
http://www.metlifehomepath.com.

Something else you may not have considered is VA Vendee financing. This financing is available on VA repos over $30,000 and is ZERO down for owner occupants and 5% down for investors. It's an awesome program! Also, your appraisal and credit check is free when financing VA properties this way! The VA funds these loans, but you do NOT have to be a veteran to qualify! Here is the number to get qualified for that financing: 800-816-4346.

I specialize in foreclosed properties and would be happy to go over all your options with you. Also, don't forget.... the government tax credit ends April 30th, so we have until then to get a home under contract so that you will qualify for up to an $8000 tax credit!

Feel free to call me at your convenience!
Lesley Hodge
Realty Executives of Wichita
316-655-4069