louise.kidde…, Home Buyer in Granby, MA

I've been on 100% disability for almost 1.5 yrs. what are my chances of getting a mortgage with a credit score of 780 and 25-40% down on apx. $100,000

Asked by louise.kidder226, Granby, MA Tue Jun 5, 2012

i am not a first time home buyer.

Answers

7
Rudy R. McDowell’s answer
To further clarify: You will also have to prove that your disability will continue for a minimum of 3 years. A letter from your doctor will suffice. If you are premenately disabled, then a letter from your doctor stating this will also suffice. If you drawing disability through social security, then the classification number/letter(s) on your payment stub or awards letter may states this as well. If so, that's all you'll need.
Hi, Louise. Your chance are very good and depends primarily on whether or not you're getting enough in disability income to qualify.
I would recommend that you speak with a mortgage broker at a bank or at a Credit Union. Do you
belong to a credit union? It may be worth it for you to find out how to belong and how to get a
mortgage through a credit union. --- If you decide to pursue this avenue, I can help you with that.

UMass V is one Credit Union that I highly recommend.

Trudy Darity, 413-549 2600, ext. 35
Real Estate Agent with
Sawicki Real Estate in
Amherst, MA.
You should speak to your local bank. If you need a loan person I have someone who can help. If you are looking in the Springfield area I can help you there too. It is cheaper to buy.
It depends on the nature of your disability and if it's permanent. You would need to prove at least 3 years continuance and it's often difficult to get anyone to write on paper that your disability will be either permanent or will last 3 years. It's possible to do, but you need someone that has experience with this.

If you would like a reference for an experienced loan officer in MA, please let me know.
Web Reference: http://WeFixRates.Com
A lender will have to discuss the total picture with you, but based on what you said, I think your in a good position to qualify for a loan. If your disability is related to military service, then you also have other options under the VA loan process. You should speak with a local lender.
The chances might be pretty good. Disability income can count as income for a mortgage it all boils down to if they will use your disability income and your debt to income ratios. Contact a local mortgage broker and sit down with them.