Financing in 94116>Question Details

Cynthia, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I think I am underinsured with my homeowner's insurance. What is the averge cost per square foot to rebuild?

Asked by Cynthia, San Francisco, CA Fri Jul 4, 2008

a home in San Francisco, CA. It has hardwood floors and wood paneling that goes up a 1/4 of the walls.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 94116

Answers

3
Cynthia,
Having just had this conversation with my Allstate agent I can say that you should talk to them about your coverage. They have those figures and also a formula that projects the costs of replacement. We figured the price per SF and then he noted that the policy will pay 140% of the value of the policy which then gave me the amount of coverage I needed.
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Hi Cynthia,
Definitely speak with your insurance agent regarding the range of coverage and costs; it's actually a good idea to audit your insurance once a year.
Agent would not know recommend contacting insurance agents in your area. http://www.lynn911.com