Financing in Salt Lake City>Question Details

Paul, Home Buyer in Sugar House, Salt Lake...

I need to get finance but i am currently working and living abroad.

Asked by Paul, Sugar House, Salt Lake City, UT Thu Feb 10, 2011

The brokers i've spoken to seem to think it's not possible. Wife and I are employed, working full time and want to return to Utah at then end of the year, but would like to purchase now.

Answers

4
What country are you in? Why does this matter? If you are working in say Britain.....it will be quite simple as the income reporting is quite similar to ours....no if you are in Bangalore....that is a different story.

Either way, if you are a U.S. Citizen it should be easy to document your income....start keeping everything that relates to income and deposits from foreign sources and keep them in file for your return to the states. This will ease the pain of trying to document your income.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
Hey Paul,

The last two answers are correct. It will be a bit tougher than usual but possible. I know a great lender that has done something like this before and they are located right up in Sugarhouse off of Parleys Way. Give him a call, Devin or Steve at Axiom, 801-563-2914.

Matt Sneyd
Windermere Real Estate
801-243-7006
Web Reference: http://www.MattSneyd.com
Paul it certainly is possible, there are things you will need to show such as you have a new job in Utah, hopfully in the same field you are currently working in abroad and you can show you have good credit and soem savings for down payment and closing costs.

Your first step should be to speak with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any programs that you may quailify for.

Please see my blog for a list of tips and advice for getting a mortgage
Hi Paul, please contact me directly at ccarter@pdsrealestate or 801-651-8333. I know several of the best lenders in Utah and if they can't get it done no one can. These are high quality, honest professionals that I trust my business with. I'd be happy to assist you.

Clint Carter
PDS Real Estate
801-651-8333
ccarter@pdsrealestate.com
http://www.pdsrealestate.com