Financing in Chicago>Question Details

molassesman_…, Home Seller in Chicago, IL

I need help finding a hard money lender in Chicago for a bridge loan on a residential property, a foreclosed 2-flat.

Asked by molassesman_mjw, Chicago, IL Mon Aug 5, 2013

Traditional financing is not available, property is not currently habitable, former owner removed kitchens and fixtures.
The loan amount would be between $150- $200k.
Most hard money lenders I've been able to find so far only loan for commercial properties or properties over $500,000.
I am looking to use bridge loan to purchase property, quickly fix habitability issues, and then obtain conventional mortgage.

Answers

10
Hi there,

We are a hard money lender out of chicago.
http://www.emergentbridgefunding.com

email: admin@emergentci.com for more information on ways we can help you!
Doing a Google search for "Chicago hard money lenders" should give you a lengthy list of lenders who could help you with this. Surprised to hear that hard money lenders you spoke with are turning away loans below $500k. We would be able to help you in California. Good luck to you.
As Dominic stated, there's a conventional version of this loan called "HomeStyle Renovation", it's similar to a Homepath Renovation loan except you can do more than 35k in work. If this property was Homepath Renovation eligible (Fannie Mae sale), you could have used this type of financing even on an investment property!
Web Reference: http://RobWeber.com
If 203k program did not work I would look to a private lender.
If you're in a position to get a conventional loan after the rehab. why don't you get a renovation loan? There's a Conventional Fannie Mae renovation loan (called HomeStyle) that's made for this purpose.
If u need a genuine and reliable loan help,and don't want to be a scam victim,I think this is for u.This is a testimony on how,I was ripped off by some idiot that calls themselves lenders,and how I finally got my financial freedom through a God sent helper that finally gave my life a meaning,with the least cheapest rates as to 5% interest and little TOKEN other requirements and they don't give a damn to your credit score...For more info on how to reach this link,email me via "kenshawwjeanne@gmail.com "
Please contact me. I may be able to set you up with the right people.

John
Jzhang@rprmail.com
These are hard to come by. I would try to reach out to some lenders and see what it would take to get a regular loan.
Another consideration is whether or not you're planning on living there? Is this going to be an owner occupied property, an investment or are you planning on selling after you've rehabbed? These are all critical to the type of funds that may be available for you.
The property will be owner occupied
Flag Mon Aug 5, 2013
This is what the 203k loan is for, its for fixing kitchens, baths, roof, walls ect. Email me so I can forward details to you.

Andrew Mabadi
Production Manager Primelending
amabadi@primelending.com
847-612-8756 Cell
MNLS#200791