Financing in New York>Question Details

nicole.w, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I'm trying to find a mortgage for a 4-unit co-op in Harlem

Asked by nicole.w, New York, NY Wed Aug 28, 2013

The co-op is financially stable and has no underlying mortgage but as it has only 4 units Fannie & Freddie won't touch it and the value is too low for a jumbo portfolio loan. My credit is good and I can put down 20%. How can I get a mortgage?

Answers

4
Hello Nicole,

Are you working with an agent? If not, I recommend to contact me to discuss. I can help you find financing.

Ivan Cardona
Manhattan Rental Apartments at Douglas Elliman Real Estate
P. 646-338-5576
Office E-mail: ivan.cardona@elliman.com
Private E-mail: cardonaivan@ymail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I have been placing co-op mortgages for the 15 years that I have been in this business. Although I have done co-op loans in 4 unit buildings in the past with the larger lenders on a 30 year fixed rate product, these days it is more likely that the only thing you will find is financing with a portfolio lender on an adjustable rate. Although we do mortgage banking, we also broker loans when necessary, and I would be happy to discuss options with you and let you know what I can find.

Robin Silverberg
Senior Mortgage Loan Originator
Luxury Mortgage Corp
990 Stewart Avenue, Suite 130
Garden City, NY 11530
Office: 516-393-4464| eFax: 516-977-5983
Mobile: 516-698-4510
NMLS# 18065 | http://www.luxurymortgage.com
Licensed in NY, NJ & CT
Thank you for your response. I will email you this evening.
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013
Hi Nicole

Are you buying the entire 4 unit property or are you just looking to buy one of the units? Also, will this be owner occupied?

I have some non-jumbo portfolio lending resources and I may be able to help you. I just need some more details. Please give me a call or email me your contact information and I can look into things for you.

Tony Grech

Loan Officer -NMLS #977416

WCS Lending, LLC
Tony.Grech@WCSLending.com
Toll Free: 866.936.5363 ext. 278
Just the one unit - and yes, it will be my primary (and only) residence. I'll email you with details.
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013
Allow me to Introduce you to Joao Jacinto. He has been in the mortgage business for over 20 years and has extensive knowledge of various products that can benefit you based on your specific need. Joao has continuously delivered positive results for clients I've recommend to him.

Feel free to contact Joao anytime with Mortgage questions. His contact information is below:

JOAO JACINTO
Mortgage Banker
180 FORT WASHINGTON AVE 1st FLR
NEW YORK, NY 10032
joao.jacinto@chase.com

If you dont already have a broker already I am of course happy to help. Feel free to contact me with any questions / concerns. I have Joao's direct phone as well , feel free to email me, I can send it to you directly.

ALAJUWON ALEEM | City Solutions
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
40 Water Street | New York, NY 10004
Cell (646) 915-5979 | Office (212) 232-0200
Fax (212) 232-0210

"Difficult takes a day. Impossible takes a week."
I emailed joao but have not yet received a response. I have already spoken with a mortgage advisor at Chase anyway. They're not interested in helping.
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013