Financing in Houston>Question Details

Roshaun, Home Owner in Saint Louis, MO

I'm planning to relocate to Texas and I have no one to live in my current property in Missouri what should I do?

Asked by Roshaun, Saint Louis, MO Sun Jan 29, 2012

Answers

8
You should contact an agent in the area to get the home listed in the MLS for lease. That will get you the most eyes. Make sure you work with an agent who specializes in leasing. You need somebody who will pre-qualify your tenants to make sure your interests are protected. A good agent will take the time to educate you on the lease market so you can get the property rented out in the least amount of time. Talk to several agents as this person will be your point of contact in the future if you continue to rent the property or decide to sell in the future. You want to go with somebody who has experience and will in the business in the years ahead.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Hi Roshaun,

Give me a call so I can get some specifics on your home in Saint Louis, the home you will be looking for here in TX and the time frame you are looking at. I am a realtor in Houston, but can refer you to agents with Prudential Real Estate anywhere in the country. Call me on my cell at 281-798-4100 or click on my picture to send me an email.
Hello, Again!
Glad to help you. Just let me know what is the best time for us to visit. We need about 20 minutes to start a plan to get a schedule and plans in place. Looking forward to assisting you. Thanks, Kathleen (281) 799-4002
I've had very a lot of success with Craigslist including finding rentals and housing for my son. However, unless you are prepared to find a credit worthy tenant, collect the payments, deal with repair issues, etc, I'd contact a Realtor. If you don't know any, I'm sure the agents on this page could assist you. I you are going to purchase a home in Texas, let me know and we'll prequalify you and see what you may be able to do both without or without renting or selling your home. There are things you should be aware of such as if you rent your house for, say $1000 and your housing expense is $1000 per month, a lender will probably only count 75% of your rent as income and consider the rest ($250) as a recurring debt and some may not count the rent at all if you have no experience in handling rentals. My wife and I have a combined 63 years in lending experience. Call us if you want more information. 210 842 4185. Qualifying is free.
Check out all of our websites and find a Realtor most suited to you! We can assist you with your purchase here in Texas, and help you find a solution for your home in Missouri.
Hello, Roshan.
I am a realtor and can help you relocate to TEXAS and help you locate a realtor to make a smart real estate decision about your property in MO, as well. Call me and let's introduce ourselves and visit about your situation. I want you to feel comfortable with your choice of realtors that will be assisting you both in MO and TEXAS. I will help you make the transition as stress free as possible. I see no reason for you to delay. Call me and let's begin right away. Looking forward to meeting you soon. Kathleen (281) 799-4002
Sell it or rent it. We can help you with both.

Just give me a call and we'll get you connected with a great realtor in MO who can assist you.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I agree with Grant. Talk to a REALTOR in your area to help you either lease or sell your home. If you are looking to buy a home in Texas, talk to a loan officer about how this will affect your purchasing power. I can recommend some reputable loan officers that could assist you with that. I am more than happy to answer any of your real estate questions regarding the Houston area.
If you are looking to lease in Texas, it depends on whether you can afford a monthly rent payment along with your mortgage in Missouri with no one living there..... lots of variables. Need a bit more info from you Roshaun.