Financing in Tobyhanna>Question Details

Needing_help, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

I'm only waiting for closing now, is there anyway I could get the $8000 tax credit to use towards closing costs?

Asked by Needing_help, Jersey City, NJ Wed Sep 9, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


I posed the same questions to a lender who is currently working with one of my clients and he told me that the only way to use the credit toward your closing costs is to go through PHFA we don't have a PHFA investor to us it. For more information check out http://www.phfa,org/
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 2, 2009
No. You don't own the house yet. It's a rebate, not a loan. BTW, you need to stay in the house for 3 years or pay it back.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 10, 2009
There are programs that let you borrow the money from your 2009 tax return to use towards the downpayment. It sounds like you are already to go though at this point.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 9, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer