Financing in Harlingen>Question Details

Fivestones, Home Buyer in Harlingen, TX

I'm looking for a bank that offers physician/doctor loans in Texas, particularly in the Harlingen area. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

Asked by Fivestones, Harlingen, TX Fri May 18, 2012

I'm a newly graduated MD and haven't yet started at my job in Harlingen. I start on July 1st, and would like to buy, but would really like to get a mortgage that would allow me to close before starting work so I can move in while I have free time before I start working. I know some doctor loan programs work with even medical students who have a contract for a job set up, but I'm from Michigan and don't know the area in Texas. Any ideas for me? Thanks so much!

Answers

5
I have closed with BBVA and they were great! Call me and I can give you more details... Thanks,, 956-536-9270
call me and my wife at 361-537-4977 we can get it done for you, and rates are great right know.

David and Tracy
I work for BBVA Compass and would be glad to help you. Yes, it's possible to close on the property prior to you starting work. If you would like to discuss your situation, feel free to give me a call. 972-705-2806.
I have several lender/investors with programs for your situation. Call me would like to discuss. Programs through my wholesale channels will be much better for you than what a retail bank can offer with their higher rates and fees.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Hello, Doctor ! Congratulations! I have some experience in this department. I recently helped another Resident Doctor who is also moving to Harlingen and begining work in July as well. There is an excellent program that BBVA Compass has specifically for Doctors and Residents. I introduced him to some key people there and they were able to help him and guide him through the process. Now, these key people at this bank are located in McAllen, Tx. I, personally, do not know of any key people at the Harlingen BBVA location but if you prefer, I can most definitely find someone there to help you. I can ask the representatives I have worked with in McAllen who they recommend we speak to in Harlingen. Please feel free to call me, Sir. I would love to help you further. Call me anytime on my cell phone.

Sylvia Hilmy, REALTOR
956-648-8251