Financing in 10962>Question Details

Patrick O Co…, Home Buyer in 10962

I'm living in Ireland and wish to invest in property in New York, anywhere within half an hour of NY city.

Asked by Patrick O Connor, 10962 Sun Sep 28, 2008

How much would property tax be on a $250.000 home?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 10962

Answers

13
Hi Patrick,

I hope by now you have found a home within a half an hour of NYC. The southernmost section of Rockland County which includes Orangeburg, Palisades, Tappan, Pearl River, Piermont, Blauvelt, Grandview, South Nyack, Sparkill and Upper Grandview are ideal areas to live when looking for a short commute into the city. Of course, that also depends on the time of day you travel and what mode of transportation you choose. If you have found a place in Rockland County or Northern NJ which is also ideal for such a commute, but are thinking of investing further in the US, please contact me and I will be glad to help you.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
Email: eskippel@aol.com
Hi Patrick, Did you find what you needed yet? I just came across your question and as a Certified International Property Specialist that covers the area of your interest, am able to assist with not just tax questions, but visa, financing and many other issues that you will come up against when investing in the USA. Check out my website for more information and feel free to contact me directly to discuss your options. V
Web Reference: http://WeSellNY.com
Patrick, the first question should be - what are your goals with this investment? Are you looking to buy a property to fix up and sell or possibly rent? Or are you looking for a place to live in yourself? The property taxes will vary greatly depending on location, size of the property and size of the home. I'd very much appreciate an opportunity to speak with you. Please contact me at your convenience.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Dear Patrick,
I work in the Pearl River Office of Prudential Rand Realty more or less a half hour from New York City in Rockland County. I also have a two family home for sale in Nanuet, one town over, which is close to the trains. I would be happy to help you find a home within the Pearl River/Orangetown/ Blauvelt/Nanuet area.
Please contact me at laura.rusiecki@prudentialrand.com and I'll be happy to get your home search started.
Best Wishes,
Laura Rusiecki
Associate Broker
Hi I have a two family home within a half of nyc and right at the tappan zee bridge which connects rockland and westchester county - I live in one apartment - and my tenants reside in the other - income from their apartment at this juncture is 1400 per month - my own apartment would easily bring that much in if youwanted NOT to reside there but to rent both out - there is much potential for expansion - the basement is excavated with a private entrance and their is ample parking and a nice size back yard - you could also potentially erect a garage there with an apartment over it - the list price is $575,000 for sale by owner - to contact me email me at mcccmar45@aol.com
I own a house in the Bronx, Castle Hill Area, two family, totally remodeled, all new, brick and stucco. Hardwood floors, ceramic tile and tile counters, stainless steel appliances with all wood cabinet, 2 apartments, both 2 bedroom. Insulation on all walls, ceilings and floor, so energy costs are cheap. Shared driveway with garage in the back accomodates up to three cars. I want $520,000.00 for it, it was appraised for that amount three months ago. 10 minutes from Manhattan when its not rush hour, otherwise 20 to 35 min. 4 Blocks away from the Bruckner Expressway, can be in Woodlawn or McLean Avenue in 10 minutes, 5 minutes to Bainbridge, all Irish areas, if that is what you want. Otherwise you are in an Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican, Dominican neighborhood. I'm not a broker, so I can negotiate directly with you. If interested, text jxyz999@yahoo.com.
Hi Patrick, Are you looking for someplace to stay when you are in the states, or a property to rent out as an investment? The house prices are lower in Rockland County versus Westchester, Nassau or Bergen County NJ--all of which have houses within 30 minutes of NYC. I am a broker with Joyce Realty in Pearl River. Pearl River happens to have a high concentration of Irish natives living in and around town. Taxes vary by town, however as a broad gage taxes on a $250K house would probably run near $5,000. Since you would be an absentee landlord, a townhouse or condo may be a better option for you--since the outside maintenance would be taken care of by management. We also have Joyce Financial--mortgage brokers that can assist you in obtaining financing for your investment. I would love to talk to you further about your plans, please feel free to email me at mmcenroe@joycerealty.com or at Maureen@machealthcare.com. (What county do you live in? I have a lot of family living in Ireland) Thanks Maureen McEnroe Joyce Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2008
I am located in Rockland County only 30 minutes from Manhattan. I can send you daily e-mails of any property that might interest you.
I am a life-long resident of the City of New Rochelle. There are may reasons to look for a home here including proximity to NYC, billions of dollars in new development in our downtown including a completed Trump Plaza and 2 Avalon Communities rental buildings with approximately 1000 new tenants, an awsome entertainment complex called New Roc, an amazing ecclectic dining experience, a multi-cultural and diverse community with many different houses of worship, miles of waterfront with access from many city and county parks including 2 beaches, a municipal marina for the boating enthusiasts, plenty of senior assisted living facilities for loved ones, a great school system just to name a few. If you are interested in taking a tour of New Rochelle, please contact me. I promise to show you the good and bad that New Rochelle has to offer so you can make an intelligent decision. I used this answer to a different question as well and I wanted to add something for you to think about. New Rochelle is up and coming, White Plains is about 10 years ahead of us with respect to tax base from retail and business. New Rochelle has 2 projects on the near horizon which includes another Trump/Cappelli double tower including 300,000 sf of office space, the "W" hotel, 150,000sf of retail on ground floor as well as 160 additional condo or rental units. We are also in the exploritory stage of a 26 acre waterfront development which was recently rewarding to a very cash deep company which includes a hotel, city center, retail, biking and walking trail along the Long Island Sound. New Rochelle is White Plains with real water views. For the price range you are looking for , I believe that you will have a lot more condos to choose from in White Plains. New Rochelle has approximately 8-10 condo complexes to pick from. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in viewing anything in New Rochelle.
Any chance you would be looking for a condo as an investment property? We have one for sale a one bedroom with a loft in a great location in Nanuet. It's the Clarkstown School District and we are asking 280K
You could possibly find a home in Rockland or Orange County for that price. However, the taxes are high compared to what you are used to in Ireland. Depending on the location, the taxes vary quite a bit.
I hate to say it but, it depends on the location of the home.
Best Wishes,
Laura
laura.rusiecki@prudentialrand.com
Pat,

You'll be hard-pressed to find a property for sale for $250.000 :)

What type of investment are you looking for? Rental? Second home? Fix up n sell?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2008
Please contact me offline at Gail@GailGladstone.com. I will put you in touch with mortgage brokers experienced with non-resident investors and a local real estate attorney who shares the same expertise.

I will also set up a free account for you that will allow you to control your own search and criteria.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com