Financing in Northampton>Question Details

Sam, Home Buyer in UK

I'm a UK resident selling property in England. I want to buy in MA but need advice on how to get mortgage

Asked by Sam, UK Sun Mar 2, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Andrew Adams’ answer
It will depend on a few factors.

1. will you be living and working in the US?
2. Do you have US citizenship?
3. If not will you be in the US on a visa and what visa?
4. or are you trying to buy as a foriegn national?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 2, 2008
Hello Sam

You know the weather is similar here to where you are right? I joke as I am from the UK originally and absolutely love it here.

You may have some challenges for buying a property. Banks and financial institutions will need you to show residency, income, credit history and down payment ability. I have some very good lending contacts and can share with you if that would help.

I am in Western MA, which part are you interested in moving too?

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 9, 2008
Good morning Sam:

The only difference between a UK resident and a US resident is that you are required to have a 20 % down payment. You will need to meet all the rest of the banks criteria like any US resident . There are many reputable mortgage brokers that can walk you the process.


Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 2, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer