Financing in 15370>Question Details

Ray, Home Buyer in Waynesburg, PA

I have credit scores of 579 546 and 537. I am wondering if there is any hope in finding a home mortgage with scores that low. I have a yearly income

Asked by Ray, Waynesburg, PA Mon Sep 14, 2009

of 65 to 70k and am tired of the renting game. Any help is truly appreciated here.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 15370

Answers

6
Ray-
Bank of America Home Loans does not have a specific minimum credit score requirement for an FHA loan so your scores as a whole would not be a hurdle to gettin you approved. However, your overall credit profile and application would be run to determine your credit worthiness. Medical collections are typically ignored so your goal would be to counteract the negatives with as many positives as possible. It can be a difficult process, I won't lie to you, but I will be more than happy to walk you through it.

If you have any questions, please contact me.
Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
828-777-8828
luke.allison@bankofamerica.com
Ray, you should consult with an attorney, many times for free, those old debt can be eliminated different ways , but you need to be sure that they are done with in a proper way and with a full receipt. An attorney can help you, a credit conseling agency can help you, but do get a profesional to gide you. If you work at it you will be ready in less than you think , you are young you got time do it right, you do not want any old debt showing up as a lien years from now. Payin or working out a deal is not good enough you must have solid PROOFF that youd paid the old debt in full or that you had a work out agreement.
Hi Ray, do you still owe money on those medical bills?
If so, try to negotiate those collections, with your income I hope you could star paying off those one so your score star going up.
Have you tried a Secure Credit Card? This cards are very helpfull to create good credit. But dont think is going to happen in 3 months! If you have 3 good trendlines in 12 months, a no lates and no collections, I will say that your score could improve.
Negotiate, call them and if you owe 4,000, tell met, I have 2,000, do you want to sattle it? If they say yes, pay with a Electronic Check, regular check or your debit card but dont pay with money order since you might need proof of payment. Also, request a letter with a Zero balance.

If you want ot buy a house, don't get new debt and save all you can.

Best.

Benito.
just as an update. Scores are low because of past medical problems. Which seem hard to overcome. And trying to do to much with too little when younger.
You have a credit problem , WHY?, late payments, too many bills,? do not buy a home till you know why your credit is so low, consult with a goverment not for profit agency first look in the web sites, get educated, buying a home is not for you today, but with the proper help it can be done. good luck,
I would suggest reviewing your credit with a reputable Loan Officer to determine how to get your credit scores above a 620, at which point you will have some options available. See my blog below for some basic tips and feel free to contact me for more info.