Financing in Brooklyn>Question Details

Mariedda, Real Estate Pro in Oakland, CA

I have a co op in New York City ( Brooklyn) that is rented and would like to refinance and take cash out.

Asked by Mariedda, Oakland, CA Sun May 20, 2012

We have excellent credit and it wont be a problem with the coop. We also have a lot of equity in the property. anybody know a bank/lender who can help us?

Answers

6
You may talk to a mortgage banker.
I MR. RICHARD A, YOUNG I AM THE SON OF THE MRS. VIRGINIA LEE, YOUNG AND THE LATE MR. ALBERT BERNARD, YOUNG . I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN I FIND OUT HOW MUCH THAT HAVE PAID INTO THERE EQUITY ACCOUNT. THEY MOVE INTO 120 CASALS PLACE APT.17L IN CO-OP CITY ON 09/18/1970. THEY DON'T WANT TO TELL ME, RIVERBAY CORPORATION BEEN STILLING THE MONEY FROM ALL THAT MOVE OUT, WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THEIR MONEY THAT THEY PUT IN?
Refinancing coops I understand is extremely difficult because of the management companies that have to fill out certain documentations. Start of with the lender that you have your mortgage with now.
If you currently have a mortgage, contact your lender; also check with any other larger banks, mortgage brokers....
Occupied apartments are generally tougher to get financing these days you may not be able to take more than 75% or less.
Dear Mariedda:

It depends on how much equity you have in the property exactly. The bank will do an appraisal but usually they will only lend up to 75-80% of the value. If you need help I know several bankers who can help you if you are qualified. Feel free to contact me. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com