Financing in Crestline>Question Details

Victoria Mei…, Both Buyer and Seller in Crestline, CA

I am upside down on my house, but making payments and won't loose my job. I have a silent second that does

Asked by Victoria Meister, Crestline, CA Wed Feb 18, 2009

not come up for 3 more years. I recently got a letter saying that my impound account was going up. The property taxes went up $350.00 making my payment to much. This will actually give them a surpus at the end of the year. I would love to refinance right now and put both of the loans together. It appears that the payment would be about the same as I was originally paying. WHat can I do?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Victoria,

If you are stil in the market, there is not HARP2, a program that really can finance you if you are upside down.

Call me at 415-683-6950 or email with your details and I will see if I can help you.

Fred Glick
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 29, 2012
Hi Victoria,

Hang in there. As part of Obama's housing bailout plan, you may be eligible to refinance your home even though you owe more than it is worth. I have posted a link to the Wall St. Journal's FAQ on this topic.

You may also be eligible for a note modification even though you are not behind on payments. Again, reference the above link for details.

Finally, you should look into why your taxes went up - almost all areas of California declined over the past year. You may want to contact your county tax assessor to see if you are eligible for a reduction in property taxes - assuming your property declined in value since the time you purchased it.

Good luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 19, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer