Financing in Crestline>Question Details

Victoria Mei…, Both Buyer and Seller in Crestline, CA

I am upside down on my house, but making payments and won't loose my job. I have a silent second that does

Asked by Victoria Meister, Crestline, CA Wed Feb 18, 2009

not come up for 3 more years. I recently got a letter saying that my impound account was going up. The property taxes went up $350.00 making my payment to much. This will actually give them a surpus at the end of the year. I would love to refinance right now and put both of the loans together. It appears that the payment would be about the same as I was originally paying. WHat can I do?

Answers

2
Hi Victoria,

If you are stil in the market, there is not HARP2, a program that really can finance you if you are upside down.

Call me at 415-683-6950 or email fred@usloans.com with your details and I will see if I can help you.

Fred Glick
NMLS#133975
Hi Victoria,

Hang in there. As part of Obama's housing bailout plan, you may be eligible to refinance your home even though you owe more than it is worth. I have posted a link to the Wall St. Journal's FAQ on this topic.

You may also be eligible for a note modification even though you are not behind on payments. Again, reference the above link for details.

Finally, you should look into why your taxes went up - almost all areas of California declined over the past year. You may want to contact your county tax assessor to see if you are eligible for a reduction in property taxes - assuming your property declined in value since the time you purchased it.

-Jim