Financing in Manteca>Question Details

thestaats, Home Buyer in Manteca, CA

I am trying to find help with a downpayment

Asked by thestaats, Manteca, CA Sat Apr 21, 2012

We need some help with a downpayment, can anyone tell me if there are any way of getting money and from where?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi CalHFA,
has a program that offers 100% financing.

For your convenience, we have included the name and contact information of the CalHFA Approved Loan Officer we provided to you over the phone. The Loan Officer listed below can answer your questions in more detail and customize a CalHFA loan plan that best meet your needs.


Loan Officer: Stephanie Remmen

Phone # : (209) 406-9749

Fax #: (209) 593-0418

Email Address:

Thank you,
Frankie Alexander-Danner
Lic.# 01909729
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012
Hello thestaats,

Depending on the area and county that you wish to live in there are a few different programs that offer down payment assistance programs. Programs can vary, some are gap programs that offer secondary loans to assist with the down payment and closing costs and others offer 100% financing. I spoke with a representative that works locally and has helped her client’s utilize and take advantage of a local program geared at helping first time home buyers just last week.

Please feel free to contact me and I can provide you with her contact information.

Thank you,
Frankie Alexander-Danner
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012
Hi thestaats,
Were you ever able to get in contact with a lender offering down payment assistance programs?
CHF Access allows the buyer to only brim in 0.5 percent of the purchase price.

As an example on a $200,000 dollar loan the buyer will have to pay $1000 dollars for the down payment.

And if you have a REALTOR, like me who always requests the seller to pay closing costs you have noclosing costs to bring to the table.

That is a 1000 dollar investmemt into a new home purchase!

Feel free to call or email me with questions.


Taj Weldon
209-740-4176- Manteca, Lathrop,Tracy,Mountain House, Stockton,Patterson
DRE 01816152
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
American Bank offers a downpayment assistance program through the FHLB. It is nationwide, and gives you a 4 to 1 match of your downpayment up to $5000.00.
Feel free to contact me for your free, no obligation quote! Jim, 703 615 4675
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 22, 2012
Needing asidtance with down payment is a common situation. There are some 100% loans like USDA but those are restricted to rural areas. Luckily there are some city programs available that you can apply for. The City of Riverbank has one and many counties do as well. Usually they have qualifying guidelines but if you meet the criteria they loan you the money with little or no payment due based on income. Also count your pennies and ask a relative for a gift. What do I mean? With FHA you only need 3.5%. Perhaps you are renting and have money on deposit that will come back to you when you move. You also may have a family member willing to give you the down payment as a gift. Also you could review you finances and see what you could eliminate. Take the money you were spending and set it aside. You will be surprised how quickly you can accumulate 3.5% of today's low prices.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012
I am a Manteca Realtor,CDPE who uses a wonderful lender with 99.5 percent loan programs!
In addition you may be able to obtain a USDA loan which is 100percent financing if you are buying in Lathrop,Mountain House ,Patterson or one of the other qualifying cities.

Please call or email me I'll get you connected with a lender for these great programs.

Taj Weldon
209-740-4176 _ serving Manteca,Tracy,Mountain House, Lathrop,Stockton,Ceres,Newman,Patterson
DRE 01816152
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012
There is the CHDAP program that will allow you to pay only 0.5% down on an FHA loan! The lender I use does a great deal of them. Darrin Mathews (925) 595-6577
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012

Many buyers who are able to qualify for a mortgage loan but have limited funds for the down payment, consider borrowing from their 401k or 403b retirement plans or an early withdrawl. The IRS will waive the early withdrawl penalty if the funds are used for the purchase of a home. There is a cap on the amount and the property must serve as a primary residence.

Talk to your mutual fund administrator about the option and any other possible IRS considerations that you may need to take into account.

If you or your spouse is a veteran with an honorable discharge, you may qualify for a VA loan with no down payment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012
My husband works for the county and they don't let you borrow against his 401k. We asked about that
Flag Sat Apr 21, 2012
It can be gifted to you from a family member but the lender will require that the giftor sign something saying they do not expect repayment and that it was a gift with no strings.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 21, 2012
We have no family and my husbands retirement won't let us borrow against it.
Flag Sat Apr 21, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer