Financing in Tampa>Question Details

RK Larken, Home Seller in Beech Mountain, NC

I am self employed with good credit, verifiable assets, and I need a mortgage. Can anyone help me?

Asked by RK Larken, Beech Mountain, NC Mon Jan 30, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Tampa

Rob Weber’s answer
I agree with Annette, any loan officer should be able to make this determination for you relatively quickly (at least an estimate). If they don't know how to fill out the FNMA Form 1084 or it's equivalent in their loan system, you should find another loan officer. Waiting for a loan to hit underwriting to find out your buying power is less because your LO was winging it isn't acceptable.

Don't be that borrower a lender cuts their teeth on learning how to close a self-employed borrower.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 3, 2012
Marilin Larken, it would seem that with your "credentials" you would be able to qualify for a loan. Opening up your personal information to a lending institution can be overwhelming. There are national lenders (ie national banks), regional lenders (ie regional banks), credit unions, and private money. With your credentials you would not need the latter.

Mortgage representatives work for all three institutions. Typically these institutions offer a broad spectrum of loan products. The mortgage industry is highly competitive. We suggest that you call around to the different institutions and ask the same set of questions. Determine which one provides you with the highest comfort regarding their customer service.

You can search for a home like an agent with a free Listingbook account. Check out our website for additional details.

Lynn Brock
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 31, 2012
There are many lenders out there that can help. The type of mortgage you need will depend upon how much you have to put down and how much the purchase price is. Feel free to contact me if you need assistance finding a home or if you would like a referral to a lender.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 31, 2012
Anyone can help you, I am not sure if anyone can qualify you, not without more data. Someone would need to analyze your last 2 year tax returns to see what income can be counted. You'd need 2012 and 2013 federal tax returns and a 2014 Profit & Loss statement, or if you have already filed 2014 tax returns you can provide 2013 and 2014 tax returns. Then someone can look at your credit, debt load, debt ratios, down payment, and cash reserves; and can then tell you what you are qualified for. We are licensed in all 50 states, let me know if I can help you get pre-qualified.

Any qualified Loan Officer can help you

Most loan program lend to W2 or Self Employed borrowers. Most lenders like to see at least two years of income/ experience in that business, that way they can determine the extra risk of lending to a self employed borrower

You will also need to show your and your business tax reruns for the past tow years and a P and L for the current years

Pls call me if I can be of any help, I am a Mortgage Loan Officer in Florida and like most Loan Officers, I do Self employed borrowers all the time

Tom Bawany
Mortgage; Loan Officer
NMLS # 519971
Envoy Mortgage
407 924 2759
All mortgage originators should be able to read your tax returns to let you know how much of a mortgage you qualify for.
You bet! I hold both mortgage and real estate licenses, I place all loan types, whether government, institutional or private, residential or commercial. You can start the process online at our link below.
Dear Marilin,

It would be my pleasure to pre-approve you for a mortgage loan. VanDyk Mortgage is a direct Lender approved by FannieMae as well as a Direct FHA/VA DE lender. We have a full underwriting department and do all our own "in house" underwriting, closing and funding with no middlemen (brokers) to pay, thus passing the savings to our customers. Best of all we are 100% local, right here in Seminole, Florida.

We fund loans for self employed borrowers everyday and would love the opportunity to do the same for you. We listen to your needs and go the extra mile for our customers knowing that the purchase of their home is one of life's most crucial decisions.

Please check us out and see why we've been providing the highest level of service and integity for over 20 years. Thank you.

Maureen Helm
Sr. Mortgage Originator NMLS #118232 /FL #9317

Mobile 727.421.1067 | Efax 727.489.1844 | Branch Office 727.395.9095
Web: | Email:
Residential Mortgage Finance Since 1987 NMLS #3035
Web Reference:
There are several great loan programs out now, rates are great, etc.
There are areas of Tampa that would also qualify for 0% down as well.
We are a Brokerage that deals with you on a personal basis. We hold your hand, take care of several aspects of the process that you would normally handle, and are there at closing.
We have several different avenues rather than just a banks four corners and offer the same or better rates. We also actually give buyers back credits towards the closing costs in which others do not.
Give me a call if I can assist you in getting into your Home!

Chris Suarez
Hi Marilin,

Try and other credit unions. I believe your "self employment" income may prohibit you from getting a "typical" Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac or FHA mortgage.

Here's a very helpful website about mortgages and may also be a good place to shop:

Alma Rose Kee PA
Future Home Realty
Please contact me to discuss your scenario.
Leader Mortgage Services
Hi Marilin,
I suggest you try to call Luis Torres with Divisified Home Mortgage. He is very thorough and knowledgable.

Luis Torres

Best of luck to you in your home search.
Debbi Tinker
Hi Marilin,

I could recommend one of my best Loan Officers, Call Diana Tardif they have many programs for self employed. Tell her I sent you.She will take good care of you. Let me know if you need help finding a home aswell..Good Luck Ben 813-381-0067 Mobile or email

Diana Tardif
Senior Loan Originator
NMLS # 210352
America's Mortgage Link
727-393-9399 TOLL FREE 1-866-302-0951
FAX 727-346-5346