Financing in Brighton>Question Details

Retired 2011, Home Buyer in Brighton, TN

I am recently divorced and am relocating to the Brighton area. Looking for a house for my kids and I. Buy or lease? How to get approved???

Asked by Retired 2011, Brighton, TN Tue Feb 22, 2011

Retiring from the military and am trying to sell my house that I am in but it's not selling. I must move and start over with my kids but having a problem getting a loan because of the curent house I live in and single income. I have a good credit score and make enough for a house payment. How do I do this and not be homeless? There are not very many houses to rent or lease in the Brighton, Atoka, Munford area.

Answers

6
you can have 2 VA loans at once, you may have a issue with debt to income ratios. VA lender is what I am (901) 873-1400 William Carver American Mortgage.
HI THERE, I LIVE IN KELLY ESTATES, IT IS RIGHT BEHIND THE OLD BRIGHTON HIGH SCHOOL, WHICH IS NOW USED FOR A SOFT BALL FIELD , WALKING TRACK AND BASKETBALL IN THE OLD GYM. IF YOU TURN RIGHT PAST THE WALKING TRACK ON TO SHADY LANE / LUCY KELLY MY SUBDIVISION HAS A BRICK ENTRANCE WITH NO NAME ON IT , IT IS THE FIRST STREET RIGHT,THERE ARE 17 HOMES IN MY SUB. AND EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST 1 ACRE SOME HAVE HORSES, AND 8 ACRES. THE NAME OF THE STREET IS KELLY CV. THE HOUSE RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET I BELIEVE IS STILL FOR SELL, MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR IS A VICE PRESIDENT AT PATRIOT BANK, THEY DO ALOT OF HOME LOANS , HER NAME IS MRS.O'HARA ,,, SHE IS AT THE ATOKA BRANCH, SHE COULD REALLY HELP YOU AND SHE IS A PLEASURE AND A JOY TO WORK WITH, AND THE BEST NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR ANYONE COULD HAVE, HER PIC IS ON PATRIOTS BILL BOARDS. JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO WE HAD LIKE 4-6 HOUSES GO UP, PEOPLE RETIRED AND MOVED. BUT IT IS SO QUITE HERE. AND IF THERE ARE NO HOUSES FOR SALE ON OUR STREET , WE HAVE 2 OTHER CLOSE SUBS. CARRINGTON ESTATES AND MCLISTER PLACE. SHE IS ONE OF A KIND AND HER AND HER HUSBAND SHOULD RECEIVE A PARENTING AWARD, THERE CHILDREN ARE GROWN AND SO RESPECTFUL THEY DID A GREAT JOB WITH THEM, AND I HAVE A NEW NEIGHBOR ON THE OTHER SIDE A MASTER CHIEF, AND HE LOVES IT HERE AND GOT A GREAT DEAL ON HIS HOUSE.. SO THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE OUT HERE FOR YOU TO TALK TO ABOUT IT. I HOPE I HAVE HELPED, AND I HAD A FRIEND THAT COULDNOT SELL HER HOUSE , I GAVE HER A NAME THAT I KNEW FROM MY WORKPLACE AND IT WAS SOLD WITHIN A MONTH. SHE IS GREAT...... SO CALL NORA OHARA AT PATRIOT BANK, TELL HER THAT HER NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR SENT YOU. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN OUR NEIGHBOR HOOD SOON. ,, LISA
Hello Retired 2011,

There are a lot of great homes for sale in the Brighton area. Most are priced at or below the market value. The interest rates are really low right now and there are a lot of good loan officers in this area that would be happy to help you. Please let me know what you are looking for and I will email you the homes that are on the market that meet your critiera. Just let me know which ones you would like to take a look at. Looking forward to working for you.

Jane Riggen,ABR,CRS,GRI
Email: JaneRiggen@att.net
Web site: JaneRiggen.com
Web Reference: http://www.JaneRiggen.com
Good Morning Retired 2011, we appreciate your service, my husband retired from the Navy last year and we have settled here too!
There are some homes that are listed for rent in the Brighton, Atoka and Munford areas, they are usually placed on the Multiple Listing Service by agents that their clients want to rent.
Please email me and I can send you a list of current homes available in the areas. Welcome to TN!!!

Lesley Denney, Broker
RE/MAX Right Way
901-355-0185
901-873-3312
Licensed in TN
First, thank you so much for your willingness to serve to protect our freedom in this country. You are very much appreciated!
Okay,,, house. The first question I have is you state you "must move"... is that due to desire to start over or was that part of the divorce decree? If it's court generated, you may talk with your current lender, get an appraisal and see if you can "buy out" the other spouse's interest in the house.
If that's not the case,,, do you have to move within a specific time frame or is that a "want"? In many areas it's taking upwards of 8-12 months to get the house sold without "giving it away". Talk to your realtor and discuss some more options. Have them do another CMA (comparable market analysis) if it's not been done in the last 3 months. That will determine if you need to change the pricing also.... make sure the house shows great by de-cluttering, curb appeal, etc.
As long as you don't have to move you shouldn't be homeless...
Tina Evans, Broker
CRYE-LEIKE REALTORS/COOKEVILLE TN
Web Reference: http://www.tinaevans.net
Retired 2011 , the first step is to talk with a lender to see if you still own your current property if you will be able to qualify for a loan wihout the condition of selling your current home. I am confused from this post if you actually did that or just thought you would not be able to. You will also want to talk with your agent who has your property listed to see if there is anything they can recommend to make your home pop in the market. Did they do an open house how well was it attended, what feedback. Would curb appeal help or something small that could be done to make your home stand out from others. If you do need to rent and can not find many rentals one idea is to have your agent approach some of the sellers who have had property on the market for a while that is not moving. They may consider leasing to you and having good credit should help with this. Wish you the best my son just entered the military.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker HPW