I am a Loan Officer here in Fresno. If I were to help you and your husband with your loan, I would like to know the following:
1. Will you be occupying the new home?
2. If renting the current home, can you rent it and get the same or higher monthly payment you are making right now?
3. How long have you had your current home? It is likely the lender will want you to have reserves at least 6 months, plus enough to make payments on both homes.
4. How is your husband's credit history--based on this you may qualify for conventional and/or FHA lending.
5. How soon will you be buying?
Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation.
5150 N. Sixth Street #175
Fresno, CA 93710
FHA loan. Is there enough equity to refinance the existing loan with a conventional loan? I also see a problem with income if you are a full time student. Do you have sufficient income to qualify for a loan? I am not aware of any first time buyer programs you would qualify for.